Favorite Dist/OD Pedals

guitarman502

• Members

Favorite OD: Catalinbread Silverkiss. Amazing EQ, a lot of volume on tap (I argue to say too much, but you can never have enough volume :), and just the right amount of grit to make things interesting. Sounds beautiful through ANY amp I've tried it with. One of the few OD's that I've been able to successfully pair with any amp.

Favorite Distortion: Marshall GV-2 Guv'nor. This guy keeps kicking my crunch box off the board. The EQ is great, lots of volume on tap, and a very JCM2000ish sound. Not the heaviest distortion I've used, but heavy enough. Definately worth the $60 bucks new.

Favorite Fuzz: Green Big Muff Pi. This is as loud and nasty as you want it to be. It oozes fuzzy goodness. It only goes from nasty to ULTRA nasty, and that's the way I like it.

• Members

I like to think I've had them all and I always seem to come back to the HBE Plank Cranker. Even though I'm trying to sell it right now (no need for a dirt pedal with my amp) it's the last dirt pedal I have left in my arsenal for a reason. It's crazy versatile and sounds great. Can go from raunchy crunch to saturated leads and cleans up great without much volume loss like with many other pedals out there. The only problem is it doesn't seem to like single coils too much.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived