bk butler tube driver rack

menatone king of britians

zoom tri-metal

maxon sd9

boss sd1

way huge green rhino

okko diablo deluxe

catalinbread super charged od & dls

dean markley overlord(& the bk butler variant which i assume is the same)

tc jauernig diabolical gristle tone manipulator

a few more i can't recall right now

• Members

EHX English Muff'n

Why

Because its so veristile, a turn of a few different knobs on the eq and you have a completely different sound,:facepalm: does the job well, even on the full gain doesnt mudd up your sound, everything sounds clear, and is just an awesomely wonderful pedal !!!!

• Members

timmy: when I played it first I loved the boost and slight eq I could get w/ this and it lives up to it "transparent" tag.. hard to imagine someone selling a similar design for lower price but then again I'd like to hear a klon but not pay the price for one.. I think that want can go away.

Box of Rocks: I leave the drive fairly low(below noon) but love the boost and it's great for an old school marshall sound at lower volumes but it can have the flubby lows. Like to use as preamp pedal.

Dave Barber burn unit: original. there's a knob on here that will shape the feel of yer playing soo much it's hard not to like... I hate the original's eq as I feel I only have about 30% to work with.

Mi audio crunch box: hot rod jcm 800, nuff said

I do have:
Catlinbread DLS: sounds a bit harsh to me(especially w/ the HIWATT amps) but I'm still trying to play w/ it maybe use other pedals w/ it(then again you could say that w/ any of these pedals) also like to use as preamp pedal.

Pro co vintage rat: sounds a little low voltage saggy compared to the other pedals but it can work as a front pedal.

Skreddy screwdriver: I had to see what the hype is about(I know that can be dumb). I don't like the looser fuzzier low voltage feel so I tried 18 volts and it did not sound too good(yet some of the other pedals do). Maybe it could work more as a treble boost for me I dunno.

This one is not so bad(despite hiss and boos I will probably recieve):
Line 6 dm-4: I bought it to see which pedals I might like on here, instead there are much more than 4 I do like: tube screamer, tube driver(one alot of people like), line 6 drive(colorsound modded tonebender copy), line 6 dist., rat, fuzzface, comp/preamp, maybe more sometimes depends on guitar and pickups. This one is personal preference.

and I do love boost pedals.. they can scare the bejeezus out of people. Almost like watching a horror movie's soundtrack.:eek:

Archived