Fun way to Relic your guitar

girevik

• Members

.. I played a relic'd Nash '72 Tele Deluxe Custom when I was in Australia over summer... best feeling neck I've ever played... I wish I could find one of those here in the states.. that was a sick guitar. Best relic job I've ever seen too.

• Members

Here's the "aysshole" who made this video (lol):

he can now add that {censored}e-ass video to his stunning repertoire.

didnt mean to seem ignorant. well i WAS, cuz i had never heard of the dude.

doesnt change the fact that that video was a waste of time. and i thought he was joking about the 'juxtaposition' of reaction or whatever in his video synopsis.

then again, that goes hand in hand with a lot of contemporary art. some people will find it hypnotic and revolutionary, others will just find it really, really, really tedious and pretentious.

the way you presented it made it seem like a hack-relic-job as opposed to this 'piece' that had a definite point to be made...

• Members

.. I played a relic'd Nash '72 Tele Deluxe Custom when I was in Australia over summer... best feeling neck I've ever played... I wish I could find one of those here in the states.. that was a sick guitar. Best relic job I've ever seen too.

I have a local vintage store near me that is one of the bigger Nash dealers, and I've played a couple - they do feel very nice. Play nice and sound nice too. He knows how to do it properly, more than most. Some very odd looking designs too. Most of them don't really look that relicid either, which I think is the trick.

Archived