Anyone dislike signature guitars?

amarr1

• Members

It just irks me when sig guitars such as zakk wyldes les pauls are made; it gives the impression that one can get the same toanz on a {censored}e epi lp through any amp and play like 'em too. {censored} that.

Also, originality? What happened to that concept? Isn't that one of the main reasons if not the main reason for creating music?

:facepalm:

While some sig guitars aren't guitars with the artists sig stamped over it, the idea just bothers me. :idk:

Share your thoughts/experience/views. :wave:

• Members

I don't know man. Most of the signature guitars out there are pretty mean. Just because it has a name branded on it doesn't mean the guitar isn't great.

I'm not a big fan of copying graphics/cosmetics though. That IS lame.

• Members

I had the members of Skid Row put their signatures on the white pick guard of my black '83 explorer when my old band opened for them years ago. I ended up selling it years later because I never really liked the guitar and signatures don't really mean {censored} to me.

• Members

I like signature instruments that are basically just nice looking/better electronics standard guitars... Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, Elvis Costello Jazzmaster, Eric Johnson Strat etc... there are plenty of terrible signature guitars that need to be burned (Avenged Sevenfold I'm looking at you)

EDIT: then again I'd probably never buy one... if I wanted a bass like that I'd probably try to find a real 70's bound and blocked Jazz, if I wanted a cool Jazzmaster or Strat I'd probably get an AVRI...

• Members

I like signature instruments that are basically just nice looking/better electronics standard guitars... Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, Elvis Costello Jazzmaster, Eric Johnson Strat etc... there are plenty of terrible signature guitars that need to be burned (Avenged Sevenfold I'm looking at you)

EDIT: then again I'd probably never buy one... if I wanted a bass like that I'd probably try to find a real 70's bound and blocked Jazz, if I wanted a cool Jazzmaster or Strat I'd probably get an AVRI...

this.

They are just guitars, if they are nice play them. who gives a {censored} who's name is on the headstock. If you really like the guitar you should be thanking them for having the company build the thing.

• Members

Not a real fan of playing some other dude's customized guitar. Unless it's someone I know and I'm really close with.

Les Paul doesn't count because hey, if you've been iconic enough for that long and actually pioneered the design, cut the guy some slack.

• Members

I dig the Tom Delonge signature ES-333 a lot. It just screams rawk.

first off lame... haha no neck pickup for the lose. Just read in current guitar center catalog Tom Delonge saying his guitar is so versitile... I have much love for a eric johnson sig strat among other sig strats. As far as only sig guitars go only other ones that i can think of that i would rock is Joe Satriani's and Steve Vai's sig guitars. Basically if they were on G3 tour i'd probably rock it. I do think John Petrucci's sig guitar is fugly.

Archived