dexter finale discussion board

mikeoxlong

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It looks like a trinity kill. There will be attention brought to the fact that Trinity was in the Homicide office, face to face with Dexter, right before Rita was killed. Trinity had already emptied his bank accounts and taken off, so this stands as one last hurrah I guess.

The big question for me is: How does Dex explain being identified as Kyle Butler by Trinity's family?

Not only that but how does Dex continue being Dex as a single father of 3?

Honestly though, who knows. I was mouth-agape shocked when he found Rita.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by highwayone73

View Post

It looks like a trinity kill. There will be attention brought to the fact that Trinity was in the Homicide office, face to face with Dexter, right before Rita was killed. Trinity had already emptied his bank accounts and taken off, so this stands as one last hurrah I guess.

The big question for me is: How does Dex explain being identified as Kyle Butler by Trinity's family?

Not only that but how does Dex continue being Dex as a single father of 3?

Honestly though, who knows. I was mouth-agape shocked when he found Rita.

my exact thoughts/questions

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstone

View Post

This season was awesome but IMHO the Rita killing was totally contrived and unnecessary. Yes, she was an annoying character, but to me this felt completely tacked on as an afterthought so that the writers could say there was a twist at the end. rolleyes.gif

The whole kill room scene with dex/trinity at the end plays out completely differently once you take into account Rita's murder.

His weird little speech about god's plan makes much more sense upon a second viewing.

I'd chalk it more up to the way Lithgow played the scene more than a brilliant "twist" ending by the writers, but it was still impressive and creepy.

• Members

harry always warned dexter of the consequences of having a family and juggling too much..now his son shares the same fate. show is absolutely EPIC! my girlfriend and i have watched all of the seasons at least a few times each..i have season 4 all on my DVR in hi def so now i'll watch it all back to back and REALLY analyze it. obsessed? maybe. icon_lol.gif

• Members

rita was smokin, but she was captain whispers too much... There is no doubt in my mind that trinity killed whispers, some people are sayng it coulda been dexter's dark passenger or a suicide, but that doesn't make sense and wouldn't sit well with the viewers.

I think next season will be very exciting and quinn will come into play some how and sh'it will hit the fan for dex .... possibly the last season

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstone

View Post

This season was awesome but IMHO the Rita killing was totally contrived and unnecessary. Yes, she was an annoying character, but to me this felt completely tacked on as an afterthought so that the writers could say there was a twist at the end. rolleyes.gif

to me, killing Rita made the show a bit too dark. It feels kind of funny to say that about a show starring a serial killer, but the irony was what made the show work. It was an often uplifting show about a guy who thoroughly enjoys murdering people. The twist at the end with Rita's murder reminded me too much of Se7en, and I don't think the show can really work in that dark of a territory from week to week.

I liked Rita's character overall. This season, she was annoying, and she was definitely better before, when she was taking her clothes off, but I'll still miss her.

This will open up alot more storytelling possibilities with Dexter as a single dad and out on the dating scene, while dealing with Rita's death as the indirect result of his actions. But, I thought the family dynamic was more interesting, and I liked the notion of Dexter looking for a way out, even if it could never work out. Now, it just seems like he's got another demon to deal with, but he had plenty of those already.

• Members

i didnt see the after show special but i dont think shes really dead. it doesnt make sense and it feels like a giant red herring. trinity didn't murder mother's in tubs, he made them jump off of buildings. Also, why would he kill her and then leave town without finishing the cycle?

I think the lighting and cinematography in the last scene were a giant clue. It looked more like a flashback/dream sequence/conversation with dexter's father than an actual event in the storyline.

im calling shenanigans. It sucks because that moment could be the shark jump of one of the best seasons of dexter

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ATauO

View Post

I'm thinking if season 5 is the last, then I'm putting money on Deb figuring everything out and Dex dying.

Maybe Deb figuring everything out and then having to choose justice over her brother? How will she deal with finding out the strong male influences in her life are an adulterer and a serial killer?

Yes, I'm excited to see what comes.

PS - I missed your avatar love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jhamnett

View Post

Maybe Deb figuring everything out and then having to choose justice over her brother? How will she deal with finding out the strong male influences in her life are an adulterer and a serial killer?

Yes, I'm excited to see what comes.

PS - I missed your avatar love.gif

Deb's been super screwed over-

adopted-

mom dead-

dad dead-

serial killer lover/almost married-

older love killed by serial killer-

shot-

watched someone commit suicide-

brothers a serial killer-

she's going to probably have to kill Dexter.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Recall

View Post

Deb will have to play mother to the children and will probably move in...

making the whole dex/deb being married in real life all the more strange.

...unless they just send dex into complete berserker mode and write off the kids as well (send them to the grandparents?)

Hah, berserker mode.

Sounds cool and nasty.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ATauO

View Post

Deb's been super screwed over-

adopted-

mom dead-

dad dead-

serial killer lover/almost married-

older love killed by serial killer-

shot-

watched someone commit suicide-

brothers a serial killer-

she's going to probably have to kill Dexter.

or herself

Archived