dexter finale discussion board

mikeoxlong

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by onyxrhino

View Post

I think people are jumping the gun on the whole Dexter as a suspect thing. From season to season, the show hasn't carried major plotlines over very much. Hell, I was suprised when Deborah mentioned being engaged to the Ice Truck Killer, because that whole storyline hasn't been mentioned in a season or two. Rita's death will probably just be another demon for him to use to justify his actions, but I doubt it play very much into the plot next season. I could see Quinn going on a lone wolf investigation of Dexter (a la Doakes), but I highly doubt it will be the main plotline next season.

Oh and the reporter chick was definitely hotter than Rita. But Rita was plenty hot.

i think dex will be a suspect for sure

he has motive (rita kissing fooling around with neighbour)

he has no alibi, he was chasing trinity

he could easily copy the murder (he worked on the crime scene, knows crime scenes)

the kill doesn't follow trinity's pattern correctly

the only way i see him getting outta this is if deb takes the blame for getting dex involved or something, or if they realize that dex was on to trinity before hand from the family and him being in the office.

either way this puts him in some serious {censored}

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by c+t in b

View Post

I think the lighting and cinematography in the last scene were a giant clue. It looked more like a flashback/dream sequence/conversation with dexter's father than an actual event in the storyline.

My sentiments, also. I was weary of whether or not the scene was really happening or if it was just a dream sequence. I'm thinking if the scene is actually canon, the next season will more than likely take place a few years ahead, Harrison is going to be exhibiting the signs of sociopathy and Dexter is going to have his hands full trying to manage Harrison and keep Cody and Astor out of the loop. I'm also going to hedge my bets on Rita coming back as Dexter's conscious, Deb finding out about Dexter, since she's come pretty close already, and the Dark Passenger coming into play, seeing as Dexter has mentioned it quite a bit this season.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Inertiatic_SKS

View Post

My sentiments, also. I was weary of whether or not the scene was really happening or if it was just a dream sequence. I'm thinking if the scene is actually canon, the next season will more than likely take place a few years ahead, Harrison is going to be exhibiting the signs of sociopathy and Dexter is going to have his hands full trying to manage Harrison and keep Cody and Astor out of the loop. I'm also going to hedge my bets on Rita coming back as Dexter's conscious, Deb finding out about Dexter, since she's come pretty close already, and the Dark Passenger coming into play, seeing as Dexter has mentioned it quite a bit this season.

I agree with this.

Unless you mean "dark passenger coming into play" like in the third book. That would definetly kill the series off completely.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Valerus

View Post

how on earth is this jumping the shark? it wasn't some contrived plot twist.

These writers have balls for killing off the third-most consistent character in this show. And I applaud them for it. This opens up SO MANY paths for the show to take.

And I, too, am wondering how the Kyle Butler thing is going to play out, as well as his alibi. Dex will definitely be priority #1 in this case. Some {censored}'s about to go down.

i think its the shark jump if Rita ISNT dead in season 5

• Members

This season's ending was nuts. My jaw was on the floor for a good 10 minutes afterwards.

I agree with everyone who said that this will bring out a very dark dexter. However, the writers can take this anywhere they want. If they carry the plot over with Rita's death into season 5, then Dex is in some serious {censored} if he can't cover his tracks. Deb is so close to seeing who dexter really is and already knows where he came from, i think she will definitely find out about this secrets.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Terminus

View Post

I agree with this.

Unless you mean "dark passenger coming into play" like in the third book. That would definetly kill the series off completely.

I don't think they'll bring it into play like the books, with the ridiculous mythology behind it. I think it'll function more as an antithesis to Harry; Harry represents the Code and logic while the Dark Passenger represents Dexter's primal instinct to kill, regardless of who it may be.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTom

View Post

I was hoping there would be no season 5. That would be a perfect note to end the series on. Leaves you wondering what's next; but at the same time you know what's next because history repeats itself and the cycle continues...

No way. Me want

MOAR.jpg

• Members

there is still the Quinn vs Dexter angle to explore. Since he thinks Dex was scouting new poonie when he followed him that that club, he surely suspect Dex killed Rita. He'll be chomping at the bit to bring him down.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cBc

View Post

there is still the Quinn vs Dexter angle to explore. Since he thinks Dex was scouting new poonie when he followed him that that club, he surely suspect Dex killed Rita. He'll be chomping at the bit to bring him down.

This was my thought. It's so open ended though, they could go anywhere with it.

• Members

Best season since 1, I agree.

Next season has to be about Deb hunting Dexter.

And, I have a feeling Rita isnt dead, the whole scene was very bright / dream like, like when he speaks to his dad. I'm betting Dexter is just dreaming on the plane on his way to meet Rita.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by placebo62

View Post

Best season since 1, I agree.

Next season has to be about Deb hunting Dexter.

And, I have a feeling Rita isnt dead, the whole scene was very bright / dream like, like when he speaks to his dad. I'm betting Dexter is just dreaming on the plane on his way to meet Rita.

Yeah, my wife pointed out the "dream mode" look to that scene. Well they sure have us hooked for season 5! thumb.gif

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Yeah, I'm not sure about that. I live around Boston, we don't have many serial killers. Not the three to four per year of dexter. Individual killers, or gang related, yeah. But psycho, get off by killing people, keeping trophies. Its weak. The show is extremely formulaic at this point. There is another serial killer on the loose in Miami that dexter has to stop, while killing other people. Oh then one person knows dexters real identity, this season its deb. The killer is that russian dude. I can't believe deb is into what dexter is doing and helping him.

Archived