KOT: HCFX opinions regarding the Bugera V22

ck3

• Members

Google has directed me to multiple threads in the HC guitars/maps forums and on TGP about the Burgera V22, but hasn't yielded any results from the FX forum. Reviews have appeared positive for the most part, and a TGP member seems to have discovered a solution for its infamous channel switching problem. After viewing Youtube clips and reading more about its specs, I'm seriously considering the V22 as an alternative to my current amp modeling option. What do fellow HCFX forumites think of this budget-priced tube combo amp? Are the stock tubes and speaker tolerable? Has anyone used it with pedals and/or a digital multifx unit?

612304.jpg612306.jpg

• Members

Since I'm all around the TGP thread I may as well post here also.
Although many owners have never had any issues at all, It does "appear" a fix is in focus for the channel switching issue. a 5 cent switching transistor that is out of specs is the suspect.
This little amp is quickly losing it best kept secret status. Excellent cleans and an overdrive channel that sounds great. A very usable reverb. It has become my grab and go amp. It plays real nice with pedals. IMO its great stock and some actually prefer the stock speaker. The only mods Ive done is to swap out a couple pre amp tubes.

• Members

Is the V55 head equally as well regarded? I'm looking for an amp that is just clean, don't need the drive. Something similar in tone to a Fender Deville or an AC30. Oh and how is the reverb?

I demo'd the V22 and V55 combos and quickly chose the V22. One of the main reasons was the drive. I remember the V55 combos cleans were great, but I didnt care for the drive. I personally like the reverb a lot.

• Members

Glad to read that the reliability issues aren't particularly rampant. One of the Youtube clips leads me to believe that there is a significant amount of gain on tap. Can this amp create tones reminiscent of mid-to-late 80's, Rick-Rubin-produced metal (Early Danzig/Slayer)? If not, would a boost and/or extension cab bring t3h olden school br00tz?

• Members

made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer made by behringer

a guy in the band we share a prac space with got one and it died on it's third day of use.

• Members

I have one and I love it. The stock speaker is great, absolutely no need to change it out and I change speakers in almost everything. The only complaint is that the gain has a little pre-amp sizzle with the stock tubes on the gain channel, but only with the volume really low. People have said that replacing the tubes fixed the issue. Mine doesn't have the channel switching issue.

The thing takes pedals amazingly. I had a Peavey Classic 30 and I thought it took pedals horribly. I couldn't find an OD/Distotion that I liked with it and after going through about 10 pedals I sold it and got the Bugera and I have to say it has impressed me. I haven't tried multi effects with it. It's a good amp and not just at its price point. It's just a good amp all the way around.

• Members

I think it looks like a cheap piece of crapola...I didn't even bother trying it...too plastic.

Well that's an informed educated position considering it looks just like a BadCat. People, don't be brand whores. Srsly.

• Members

I've been gigging with one every weekend since November and have had no reliability issues and the sound is great. Other players are always coming up and asking what it is that I'm playing through. Best $300 I've ever spent on amplification.

• Members

I'm really interested in Bugera as a company. I'm definitely going to be in the market for a new head/cab soon, and seriously the prices are too cheap to ignore. And for the most part, they seem to get prasie and good reports from all who are not biased.

I know a lot of people say their models are clones of various amps... Peaveys, Mesas, Marshalls etc... but let's be honest, most of the amps they're 'clones' of are clones of other amps themselves.

They do seem to be adding new things to the amps they borrow heavily from, like the 5150 II/6505+ clone has reverb, which the Peaveys did not. Like they're not direct 100% clones, they're just very closely based on other amps.

Nothing new there, and people don't complain about other companies doing it.

Archived