What sucks about the Blues Junior?

shaun126

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Boxy is probably the only bad thing you can say about it, but its small and open back so if you get it off the ground and crank it it really fills up space. Great clean, great pushed sound. Reverb is meh. It's super light! For that reason it was my favorite amp for a while. So nice being able to only have to make one trip to the car. Unfortunately being light made it really easy for some asshole to steal mine.

• Members

this thread is relevant to my interests

Boxy is probably the only bad thing you can say about it, but its small and open back so if you get it off the ground and crank it it really fills up space. Great clean, great pushed sound. Reverb is meh. It's super light! For that reason it was my favorite amp for a while. So nice being able to only have to make one trip to the car. Unfortunately being light made it really easy for some asshole to steal mine.

that sux! so what have you replaced it with?

• Members

I love Blues Juniors. They're an excellent platform amp. That said, they don't have fantastic onboard overdrive or anything, but they set a good foundation for pedals. Friend and I have stock ones that we jam on all the time and record {censored} on. Perfect size and price for us.

• Members

I've had a lot of B-Jr's in the shop for repairs. They use really cheap pots and certain other parts that are not as durable as they should be.

Classic 30 is a better buy imo.

I had one for a while, and it sounded alright. One socket ate tubes, and I didn't like it enough to have a shop look at it.

• Members

i have had a blues jr and classic 30.

the blues jr just sounds way better. the classic 30's mids are all stuffy. its way boxier than the blues jr for sure.

the blues jr had a large amp sound in my opinion. it got really loud, and you could crank it for some great overdrive.

my favorite part was the reverb. great long drippy reverb. ugh my favorite amp reverb to date. the classic 30 reverb is {censored} and noisy.

• Members

i have had a blues jr and classic 30.

the blues jr just sounds way better. the classic 30's mids are all stuffy. its way boxier than the blues jr for sure.

the blues jr had a large amp sound in my opinion. it got really loud, and you could crank it for some great overdrive.

my favorite part was the reverb. great long drippy reverb. ugh my favorite amp reverb to date. the classic 30 reverb is {censored} and noisy.

I think you had a dud classic 30,or a blues junior made at 2:15,just after jimmy got himself a lunch-time happy ending from the fit new secretary at the Fender factory!

• Members

I think I am ready to sell the deluxe, but then I play it again.

God it sounds good.

:cry:

This too. I have had two Blues Jr's, and upgraded to the DRRI. Not a whole lot wrong with the Blues Jr. (what's mentioned in this thread sums it up) but it just doesn't have the same bloom as the DRRI. I know I'd feel lacking if I replaced the DRRI with, um... anything. :D

Archived