HCFX - Post your rig (late spring edition)

• Members

I'm actually not going to do the 3 saddle/vintage bridge mod on that one because as I said I bought a piezo saddle system for it that uses the standard strat style saddles. My white tele still has the 3 saddle/vintage bridge though.

I do agree it looks a little off though, there's just not much I can do to still be able to get the piezo system.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks dude. After the baritone build is finished I'm doing a Jazz(blaster) then I need to calm down, stop building guitars and get my amp situation up and running. Damn Warmoths are addictive.

Im confused as to why your amp situation isnt sorted now. You play out often and you have more then one guitar. Why not get the amp thing sorted right away son?

• Members
just got the hummingbird and loving it
:love:

I have an Epi Hummingbird and it's awesome--plays great, sounds great. Some of the finest tuning of the finish is slightly off (lacquer around the soundhole slightly off), but it's setup naturally pretty low in action and can be lowered even more. I'd filed down the nut slots and the guitar plays just beautifully.

• Members

This is the board I assembled last summer and it has stayed constant all year, soon wil be adding a ZVEX SHO clone I made when I get it working
img2469k.th.jpg

2004 Highway 1 strat with Japanese Fender OEM 57/62 pikcups that just sound ever so delightful.

the amp is a 1962 Fender Bandmaster and the cab is one my grandfather build in the late 60s, the original speakers did last too long when I inherited it so I loaded it with two Eminence Redcoats "The Wizard" model.

img2471gt.th.jpg

This rig nails a lot of the tones I'm after, been really satisfied with it for the most part, If I had a bit more cash I would get some more pedals and another amp lol but who wouldn't

• Members

Im confused as to why your amp situation isnt sorted now. You play out often and you have more then one guitar. Why not get the amp thing sorted right away son?

Truthfully, I'm bad at saving and it's easier to spread the cost of building Warmoths up over a few months than it is to save for an amp: I need something to satisfy my gear fix. After the Jazzmaster build, it's amp time though, for sure.

• Members
Truthfully, I'm bad at saving and it's easier to spread the cost of building Warmoths up over a few months than it is to save for an amp: I need something to satisfy my gear fix. After the Jazzmaster build, it's amp time though, for sure.

Just a thought... Build one. Buy a board and the small components now, then a chassie next month, pots, jacks and switchs the month after that, tubes and sockets the month after that, then the bigass caps, the transformers and lastly a headcab... I'm thinking about going down that route for a "plexi"-style thing myself for sure. Know all about the hardness of saving up money for something like that with all the other nice things that can be had NOW floating around. If I had saved all the money I've used on effects and other cool things that I barely use, I could have bought a vintage plexi long ago.:facepalm:

• Members

exactly what I want to do, get a high agin monster to pair with my beautiful vintage fender

lol thanks man. Not sure if that statements loaded with sarcasm or not but yeah I love them both dearly. Now that marks had his way with both of them they actually dont need any help from one another. The Bassmans bass channel (now turned lead) can give the uber a run for its money in brootz and the Ubers modded clean channel now sounds like gigantic twin. Theyre both monsters in their own right just different flavors. I literally "could not" favor one over the other they both do what they do so well.

Archived