HCFX - Post your rig (late spring edition)

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's got Celestion V30's in it. I really like it, but to be fair I've never been able to crank an Orange 4x12. The two are close enough spec wise for me to save a few hundred bucks and go avatar. Its also not nearly as directional as I expected, and as I've heard Orange cabs are but who knows.

and the colors match much better in person, but they always seem way off in pics. the texture of the tolex is quite different though.

• Members

Tummy, tell me more about your head, it looks interesting.

Its a 20W Transistor-Top with Mosfets inside and is by far the most dynamic tube-sounding-none-tube-amp I have met so far (and I owned some awesome tubeamps). I use only the cleanchannel all knobs and master turned to 12 o

• Members

Image2033-1.jpg

2008 LP Standard Faded /w BKP Nailbombs, Gotoh locking Klusons, and a Tonepros bridge/tail running into a Laney VC30 with Jensen C10Q/P10Q speakers.

Add to this:

EHX BMP /w Tone Wicker (replacing with an EQD Hoof soon)

Red Witch Empress Chorus (just arrived last week)

Blackout Effectors Whetstone (in the mail)

Skreddy Screw Driver (getting one Saturday)

and a Diamond Comp and Nova Reverb when I pony up the cash. yeah, i don't splurge on much else, might as well get some nice pedals

• Members

{censored}en nice one bro!

How does the Laney go? i remember the VC15 is a pretty nice little amp.........

I haven't really used the amp dirt much since I can't really crank it up too much and the shared EQ across channels makes it a bit iffy to find settings that work well with both, so I just run everything into the clean channel. It has a really, really nice clean - bouncy, warm, and almost piano-y chimey. Good 'verb and takes pedals great too.

I just like it 'cause it's a lot more versatile and a bit more reliable than an AC30 - channel switching, f/x loop, and made in the UK. Think it's a tiny bit lighter too (like 48lb).

• Members

I've pretty much got two separate rigs at the moment. These pedals go in stereo to the traynor and marshall. I'm building a combination green ringer/fuzz face/feedback looper pedal to use with this. Oh yeah my number 1 guitar is a Classic Vibe Tele.

dscn0004o.jpgdscn0003v.jpgdscn0007.jpg

I've also got this little setup, which was all I used for a long time and is nice because it's portable. Though eventually I'll get around to putting everything on a proper sized board so I can use it all together. The blank pedal is a GGG bluesbreaker clone. The silvertone gets some sweet tube crunch and gets surprisingly loud with a good speaker in it.

dscn0005.jpgdscn0002.jpg

• Members

Thanks dude. After the baritone build is finished I'm doing a Jazz(blaster) then I need to calm down, stop building guitars and get my amp situation up and running. Damn Warmoths are addictive.

• Members

I bet.

The one I played was awesome but I could never make up my damn mind what I wanted. In the meantime I'm still caught up in these 09-10 MIM Tele's, they are by far the best MIM's Fenders put out IMO. That new CAR one is going to get a piezo bridge.

Archived