New MOOG MODEL D DAY!!!!!!

shipatsea

• Members

Here is my new baby, complete with original manual, sound chart and sample sounds. I even got an S-trigger dummy plug. I thought it was a 72 but turns out it is a 74. I have read hot debate about whether it is the early discrete osc board or the filter that makes the earlier ones sound different. Is it true that the later filter boards only had the top and bottom transistor pairs matched? I have heard that the earlier ones had all pairs matched and that was the key to the sound. I wonder if they were still all matched in 74.

I got a good deal on this but it needs a couple things. Osc 2 is out

• Members

I got this thing for $2500. After I get the boards restored and pay for the extra little parts I will have right at 3k into it. 3k for a museum piece is not bad. I have seen minis in this shape and tip top electronics go for around 5k. I will be hanging onto this guy. I let my baby girl bang on the keys last night and her eyes lit up at all the new strange sounds. Sometimes I wish I could hear a completely new sound and be amazed. Kids are great.

• Members
I got this thing for $2500. After I get the boards restored and pay for the extra little parts I will have right at 3k into it. 3k for a museum piece is not bad. I have seen minis in this shape and tip top electronics go for around 5k. I will be hanging onto this guy. I let my baby girl bang on the keys last night and her eyes lit up at all the new strange sounds. Sometimes I wish I could hear a completely new sound and be amazed. Kids are great.

:D

Archived