this new Weezer song totally rips off Ash

RadioSilence

• Members

like, the verse in Memories is exactly the same as Ash's Jesus Says.

and it's not like they don't know who Ash are either and it's accidental; they toured together in '96 (i think) and Tim Wheeler appeared on The Rentals' album Seven More Minutes.

let me know if i'm going mad and they're totally different :lol:

[YOUTUBE]JdmsDjSpjew[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]m4STp5TC_Hc[/YOUTUBE]

edit: verse, not chorus.

• Members

I've heard worse..... but Ash is a really boring band...

Truth. I never really got the massive appeal of Ash. Their hooks and lyrics aren't really memorable or interesting. Must've been Charlotte Hatherley.

I actually quite like that new Weezer track. Sure it's not 'old Weezer' but it ain't bad.

• Members

I never saw the appeal of Ash either. I never particularly liked Tim Wheeler either. Charlotte Hatherley is fairly hot, nothing amazing.

i was 15 when the first album came out and i was really into them back then so i have a lot of affection but i admit i haven't really listened to them since Free All Angels and that was, like, ten years ago.

i've probably seen them live more than any band except the Super Furry Animals, but most times have been at festivals where i've gone along for old times' sake.

• Members
sorry, i meant verse
:facepalm:

it's the first bit of both songs.

Weezer 0:17 - 0:49

Ash 0:00 - 1:15

:lol:

... I had to go to a wedding reception last night, I have too much of a hangover to listen to them again but I'll take your word for it. ;)

Archived