what have been the m9 updates?

hangwire

• Members

Rich said a while ago that another update was coming--and he actually asked me for some echorec clips to update the "echo platter" model. so i was really thinking there was going to be an update for sure. that was a while ago.

i have a feeling that SAL is right--they basically are leaving us in the lurch as far as updates.

• Members
Rich said a while ago that another update was coming--and he actually asked me for some echorec clips to update the "echo platter" model. so i was really thinking there was going to be an update for sure. that was a while ago.

i have a feeling that SAL is right--they basically are leaving us in the lurch as far as updates.

Just curious, but how long ago is a while? Like 2 weeks ago, or like 6 months ago? It is odd we haven't heard anything from Rich in quite awhile... He was so responsive for awhile there. Hopefully they still plan on releasing M9 updates somewhat often. :(

• Members

and all you need is a usb to midi cable... any brand/type?

Get a decent one (Roland Edirol) if you haven't bought it yet, there are know issues with the cheaper USB-Midi cables.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1632

Line 6 recommends a name brand USB to MIDI interface produced by an audio company that supports/updates their drivers. Good choices include: M-Audio, Edirol, E-Mu and MOTU. These interfaces have proven to be more robust and reliable when it comes to large MIDI transfers such as the M9 and M13 update.

• Members
Just curious, but how long ago is a while? Like 2 weeks ago, or like 6 months ago? It is odd we haven't heard anything from Rich in quite awhile... He was so responsive for awhile there. Hopefully they still plan on releasing M9 updates somewhat often.
:(

iirc, that dude is on a different project now, i think the variax.

• Members
Just curious, but how long ago is a while? Like 2 weeks ago, or like 6 months ago? It is odd we haven't heard anything from Rich in quite awhile... He was so responsive for awhile there. Hopefully they still plan on releasing M9 updates somewhat often.
:(

It was like last winter/spring I think. Not sure--months though, not weeks.

• Members

They're still manufacturing the m's...I assume they want them to sell?!?

They're still one of the best multi-effects units out there, I don't think they are having problems selling these. Adding updates will mainly be useful / cool for people that already own one. I think if they would release additional models they could even charge for it, like an update pack. That's the only way I see this being an investment for them.

• Members

They're still one of the best multi-effects units out there, I don't think they are having problems selling these. Adding updates will mainly be useful / cool for people that already own one. I think if they would release additional models they could even charge for it, like an update pack. That's the only way I see this being an investment for them.

They've been doing it this way for years, then those paid-for model packs get to be so abundant that they release another device with everything in it. eg. Pod XT and Pod X3.

If they just do what we all {censored}ing want and make a POG/HOG model and fix some of the layout stuff, I think the majority of us will have no problem paying for it. What I really dislike is that they had a rep come onto the forums and talk to us one on one about products, updates and news., and since reassigning Rich they've totally failed to get someone else on the forums as an inside guy. Line 6 needs to get their {censored} together for their online PR.

• Members

Last time I checked they were still making and selling DL-4's. I can understand that they're more focused on the Variax HD and what not, but they can certainly stir up further interest on the M series by way of updates without spending a ton on R & D.

It's one thing that we want the updates, I'd certainly love to see one, but the likelyhood of them coming along depends entrirely on whether they'll generate profit for L6.

Archived