Switch Several Effects At Once?

dgc480

• Members

Hi, I have a big pedal board, and I'm tired of jumping around trying to switch 3-4 effects at once. For instance, I'd like to be able to switch my compression, distortion, and delay for a solo tone all at once. Or any other interesting combination of pedals, such as my EH microsynth / phase / compressor for a "who's that lady" solo tone. I'd like to be able to go from straight clean chords to several pedals at once for a solo.

I've been looking up ways to do this, and I'm getting confused. I've come across the BOSS Line Selector pedal, and I think this would do what I'm looking for. However, I can't find any good explanations. I've also come across something called a Loooper, from loooper.com. Will this do what I want? If not, can anyone tell me what will? I'd like something inexpensive too.

Thanks!

• Members
expensive....but nothing does what it does better to my knowledge

The MusicomLab EFX2 is better:

mlab-efxv3.jpg

It's TINY! Has 8 loops, split into 2 groups of 4 which is nice if you want to have a volume pedal before some fx and after others. Also, each group of 4 has its own buffer which is nice cause you can turn the first one on or off (some fuzzes, etc, don't like buffers). But the buffers in this thing sound REALLY great.

It can also handle a bunch of MIDI if you like, AND control amp channels/reverb which is awesome if you want to program amp settings into your presets!

It has a direct access mode (allowing control over individual fx if you like), AND if a pedal or cable goes dead, simply unplug it, and everything else runs like normal. This is GREAT for live use if something goes wrong.

It's really easy to program too, even live on stage. I use it to change pedals, scenes on my M9, and when I had an RV50, the Clean/Dirty channels... all with one button press.

It's one of the best purchases I've ever made. Amazingly well thought out, built like a tank, and for what it is, takes up hardly any space! NO regrets.

• Members

I just sold an ME-X. It's a weird piece but it kind of will do it. The loops have a buffer in them that colors everything though.

You guys are into all sorts of stuff I never heard of, but I use a system called GCX which lets you do exactly what you're asking - and you can also turn things on/off as needed:

I play a Fender Broadcaster (like a Tele) into an old Deluxe (think it's a 56) and an old Marshall JTM-50 (think it's a 65) and just use a few pedals but it is clean sounding and does the job.

DSCN0006-18.jpg

DSCN0005-14.jpg

DSCN0004-17.jpg

• Members
The MusicomLab EFX2 is better:

mlab-efxv3.jpg

It's TINY! Has 8 loops, split into 2 groups of 4 which is nice if you want to have a volume pedal before some fx and after others. Also, each group of 4 has its own buffer which is nice cause you can turn the first one on or off (some fuzzes, etc, don't like buffers). But the buffers in this thing sound REALLY great.

It can also handle a bunch of MIDI if you like, AND control amp channels/reverb which is awesome if you want to program amp settings into your presets!

It has a direct access mode (allowing control over individual fx if you like), AND if a pedal or cable goes dead, simply unplug it, and everything else runs like normal. This is GREAT for live use if something goes wrong.

It's really easy to program too, even live on stage. I use it to change pedals, scenes on my M9, and when I had an RV50, the Clean/Dirty channels... all with one button press.

It's one of the best purchases I've ever made. Amazingly well thought out, built like a tank, and for what it is, takes up hardly any space! NO regrets.

Oh {censored} that's awesome.

Price?

• Members

the MOEN effects commander looks perfect! only 150, and it can select up to 3 pedals at once, with 4 different programs. However, I have a question. How would I run the rest of my effects in the same chain? From what I can tell this thing has a guitar input, an output to go to the amp, and 4 loops for pedals. I have a lot more than 4 pedals, so how do run the rest of the pedals in the same chain with this thing??

goaway, you said I was looking for a true bypass looper. What is this? Is it the same as the loooper that I originally talked about?

And thanks guys for the other suggestions, but they're way too expensive.

• Members

GCX is the way to go :thu:

I just sold an ME-X. It's a weird piece but it kind of will do it. The loops have a buffer in them that colors everything though.

You guys are into all sorts of stuff I never heard of, but I use a system called GCX which lets you do exactly what you're asking - and you can also turn things on/off as needed:

I play a Fender Broadcaster (like a Tele) into an old Deluxe (think it's a 56) and an old Marshall JTM-50 (think it's a 65) and just use a few pedals but it is clean sounding and does the job.

DSCN0006-18.jpg

DSCN0005-14.jpg

DSCN0004-17.jpg

• Members

Thanks, the BOSS LS-2 and the loooper are what this post was originally about. I know the more expensive units are better but there's no way I'm spending 200+ for a pedal selector. So I just want to know will the LS-2, or the looper, work for what I'm trying to accomplish?

Thanks

• Members

I'd like to be able to switch my compression, distortion, and delay for a solo tone all at once. Or any other interesting combination of pedals, such as my EH microsynth / phase / compressor for a "who's that lady" solo tone. I'd like to be able to go from straight clean chords to several pedals at once for a solo.

The ls2 can go from clean signal to having 3 pedals activated in one switch.

What it won't do is let you use any 1 of those 3 pedals without using the other 2, at least not without individually disengaging the other 2. But if your core sound is built around switching between clean and two other effect chains, then the ls2 is ideal for you.

The ls2 is one of the best compact pedals that BOSS ever made, and one of the four that I held onto.

• Members

Hey, thanks for all the input guys. So I think I'm deciding between the MOEN commander and the MARS manipulator. I know the commander has 4 loops, and it can save any combination of three of these loops to one preset. The Mars manipulator, on the other hand, has 8 loops. But I can't figure out how many of these loops can be saved to one preset. The other sweet thing about the mars manipulator is it has 4 pedal power outputs!

So, I'm still trying to decide btw these two. The mars manipulator is about twice as wide, and I don't think I really need 8 loops. I've only got 9 pedals

Archived