Switch Several Effects At Once?

dgc480

• Members

I guess my main question is, how many loops can you save to one preset on the MARS manipulator? This will be a big factor in my decision.

It looks like 8 loops, and 8 presets; a preset being able to store any combination of the 8 loops being on or off (same capability as the octaswitch).

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Good to talk about moen guitar effects commander, the latest addition to the commander line is GEC9 which support up to 9 pedals, This effect switcher will feature unparalleled freedom to recall many more presets of effects than ever before along with control options for amp switching and other devices that accept 1/4" jacks.

Find more detail here- http://www.moenfx.com/gec9.html

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Plus one On the GEC9. My friend got one off e-bay I expected it to be crappy made and not really pass a good clean signal. I was surprised how well it was made, and that it very clean sounding, that I am thinking of getting one for my small board. I work for a store were i teach, and also make custom cabling, pedalboards and were trying to ge a moen dealership for these things. Plus the ablity to switch functions on amps and other devices. VG

• Members
The MusicomLab EFX2 is better:

mlab-efxv3.jpg

It's TINY! Has 8 loops, split into 2 groups of 4 which is nice if you want to have a volume pedal before some fx and after others. Also, each group of 4 has its own buffer which is nice cause you can turn the first one on or off (some fuzzes, etc, don't like buffers). But the buffers in this thing sound REALLY great.

It can also handle a bunch of MIDI if you like, AND control amp channels/reverb which is awesome if you want to program amp settings into your presets!

It has a direct access mode (allowing control over individual fx if you like), AND if a pedal or cable goes dead, simply unplug it, and everything else runs like normal. This is GREAT for live use if something goes wrong.

It's really easy to program too, even live on stage. I use it to change pedals, scenes on my M9, and when I had an RV50, the Clean/Dirty channels... all with one button press.

It's one of the best purchases I've ever made. Amazingly well thought out, built like a tank, and for what it is, takes up hardly any space! NO regrets.

That's what I use on my board. I've been very happy with it.

• Members

That's what I use on my board. I've been very happy with it.

I have used these in builds, GREAT unit! The midi is a great addition, and these have infinite possibilities. I despite the irritation to ilovemyfender, was looking for a forum thread on pedalboard mounted switchers for anything new I didn't know about. think the moen GEC9 is a good substitute for some of the more expensive units aka, musicom and G-Lab. Particularly if midi is not needed. VG

Archived