Help me, I have been pulling pedals off my board...

companyman

• Members

....and I can't stop. I pulled the Boss LS-2 off (the switch died), then I pulled the Guyatone Slow Volume (not using it live), then the Behringer RV600 reverb (the bypass started to deteriorate, could hear reverb when it was off), now the volume boost on my Memory Boy is starting to irk me....and even my beloved Flanger Hoax is bugging me with its volume drop (the reason the LS-2 was on the board to begin with). I might have downsize fever....

• Members

Natty...is that you? lol, certainly the case with the Behringer, but I have been down the boutique road, pretty thoroughly.....and the difference in sound is usually negligible in a band context. I am rethinking my delay right now, perhaps my modulation as well, at least for gigging.

• Members

+1000000000000

have bought and sold;

zvex-distortron, fuzz factory

3 versions of OCD, 69

j.everman fuzz

80's big box rat

m.i.audio blues boy deluxe

marshall shredmaster

barber dirtbomb

lovepedal eternity

mutron phasor II

dmm

Keeley katana boost

etc, etc.

lesson learned, you don't have to spend a bunch of money for good sounds.

• Members

....and I can't stop. I pulled the Boss LS-2 off (the switch died), then I pulled the Guyatone Slow Volume (not using it live), then the Behringer RV600 reverb (the bypass started to deteriorate, could hear reverb when it was off), now the volume boost on my Memory Boy is starting to irk me....and even my beloved Flanger Hoax is bugging me with its volume drop (the reason the LS-2 was on the board to begin with). I might have downsize fever....

I wholeheartedly agree with all of these moves.

I love seeing an efficient, classy board.

• Members

I feel like I might have too many pedals again. :facepalm:

I'd love to have about 50 pedals around at all times, but I always feel sort of spoiled and silly when I get too far into the double digits. I've got all those in my sig, a couple others.... and one more incoming.

...but I can quit anytime I want. :p

• Members

i just switch it up--sometimes i run through a big board, sometimes just into an amp. my problem is that i have a ton of stuff that i like, so i have a hard time narrowing my board down. if i ever played live--i could pretty easily pare it down to a wah, fuzz, delay, looper.

Archived