Help me, I have been pulling pedals off my board...

companyman

• Members

I've cut out a bunch recently and the upside is my board is lighter! I basically use an overdrive for rythym and one for lead. Plus an m9 for any other sound I need. And of course a tuner. Still holding on to an rv-5 though. The modulate mode is just too nice to give up.

• Members

no Small Stone on this board:lol:...I recently have just been playing with a bit of compression and the slightest amount of hair from the Germ4 OD side, using the neck pickup and working on my improv/jazz chops....and writing some new tunes....I haven't been using most of my pedals so I am selling them off tomorrow, along with my Ampeg.

• Members
I feel like I might have too many pedals again.
:facepalm:

I'd love to have about 50 pedals around at all times, but I always feel sort of spoiled and silly when I get too far into the double digits. I've got all those in my sig, a couple others.... and one more incoming.

...but I can quit anytime I want.
:p

I personally liked your mini boards the best. You don't need much with the Z.

• Members

What amps are you using? I just slimmed down my board big time. Major part of reason is I absolutely love drive channel on my new amp.

I am in the process of getting a Gibson Goldtone GA-15, should be here next week, along with a Vox Pathfinder...a low wattage stereo rig.

• Members
If you're paying bills, I empathize.

But if you're just swapping stuff out of boredom, you'll regret losing your Flanger Hoax
:cop:

it is bills....SAL would not approve, but more $ goes out, then comes in these days.....I love the Hoax, I'm sure you noticed by my constant posting about it :lol:, the combination of a crazy parking ticket and my wanting the Gibson amp, and my disgust with my inability to get anything completed song-wise is pointing me to a radical shift in priorities. I need to paint more, and make psychedelic sounds less.

• Members

Only the Ge4 BM pi will last.

SB

Minus the tuner, the Black Finger is the anchor....with a completely different amp in the works, amps and dirt pedals are mysterious relationships. The OD side of the Germ4 is exactly "my tone" for low gain...I strive for a Faces, era Ron Wood/Mick Taylor kind of tone. A "blendy" sort of sound that sit easily in a stage mix. I try not to stand out too much.

The distortion side is giving me some trouble, getting a good sound at home is easy, but in a live context that sound just isn't working yet...but I haven't given up on it yet.

Archived