The Walking Dead

echodeluxe

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Getting back on topic - I jsut watched episode 2 last night, liked it a lot.

There's one thing that's REALLY bothering me though - why has Rick not been asking questions about how it all started and what happened while he was in the hospital??? Thought he was supposed to be a policeman?

He also never asked the folk he met in Atlanta what happened to the camp he was looking for.

For those of us who haven't read the comic, hopefully we'll get some answers soon! Please don't give it away, I was just putting my 2 cents in!

• Members

watched ep2. The guy they left on top of the building will be the super villain! Muhahahaha! kept wondering how he he's gonna escape from the cuffs.

also the skinny girl (the wife) reminds me of prison break all over again.

i really love zombie films (TV show in this case) no matter how cheesy they are =)

• Members

the black dude dropped alot of tools nearby. probably gonna be that.

From what I saw the tools are far from his reach...

Doesn't matter if he gets out of the cuffs anyhow since he can't get off the roof (door is chained and locked). Unless there is a ladder near by, which isn't likely.

• Members

Doesn't matter if he gets out of the cuffs anyhow since he can't get off the roof (door is chained and locked). Unless there is a ladder near by, which isn't likely.

things i've learned from TV and movies...

1. there's always a ladder down from the roofs of american buildings so characters can escape when trapped.

2. ross and chandler will get stuck climbing down.

• Members

There's one thing that's REALLY bothering me though - why has Rick not been asking questions about how it all started and what happened while he was in the hospital??? Thought he was supposed to be a policeman?

He also never asked the folk he met in Atlanta what happened to the camp he was looking for.

I don't remember the particulars of it but he does ask the other characters what happened and how it got so bad but no one really knows anything. Things got out of control too quickly and everyone panicked.

If you watch the episode again you'll hear the survivors tell him there is no refugee camp in the city. Although it was pretty obvious they tried to set up the camp and it just got overrun. Notice all of the military machinery inside the city... they probably just didn't get things organized in time. Not to mention a large city would be the worst place to try to fortify against hordes of the undead!

• Members
Not to mention a large city would be the worst place to try to fortify against hordes of the undead!

I just finished the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. Overall I thought it was meh, but he seems pretty right on about a few things. Stay AWAY from urban areas, and don't go near hospitals...did you know 90% of the first wave of infected is usually medical personell?!?

Also, keep your clothes tight and hair short!!! :cop:

• Members

he's blatantly going to get into a situation where time is of the element, and he's going to make a decision on what he can hacksaw through the fastest. metal?... or flesh and bone?!

i'll bet my (broken) Bass Big Muff on it.

yup! i thought about this too! flesh or cuffs??

• Members

Getting back on topic - I jsut watched episode 2 last night, liked it a lot.

For those of us who haven't read the comic, hopefully we'll get some answers soon! Please don't give it away, I was just putting my 2 cents in!

As another poster said, he kind of got the picture from the Black father that took him in, but I think his character is so focused on finding his wife and son he doesn't care why it happened. It happened for whatever reason, and he knows that he's got to deal with it and find his family.

Other zombie movies have gone into "why" it happened, and it's never really a great explanation. I think it's better left showing how people deal with it. With that said, the scene early on the the original Dawn of the Dead where the guys are arguing on tv what caused it is a great scene.

• Members

things i've learned from TV and movies...

1. there's always a ladder down from the roofs of american buildings so characters can escape when trapped.

2. ross and chandler will get stuck climbing down.

Ya, its a TV show but realistically I've never heard of skyscraper having a ladder from the roof to the ground.

Then again apparently he was planning to go back into the city for some reason so.

Archived