Smokers

echodeluxe

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AFAIK, you can buy clove cigarettes from "unoffiicial" dealers, you can smoke them, you just can't buy them in shops in the US now. Djarum Black was pretty nice when I tried it, even though they were too thin to fit in my cigarette holder.

IMO, they've been outlawed because of the US tobacco companies, which want a bigger share of the market.

Stop smoking.

I did - as of March 1st of last year. :)

I'm glad I did, for several reasons: obviously for the health related ones, but also the financial ones; just before I quit, smokes out here were costing me about $5 a day for a pack of Pall Mall lights (cheaper than the Marlboro Lights I had previously smoked), and added up over the course of a year, that's about $1,825 - and that's a pretty nice guitar or amp per year, going up in smoke...

• Members
AFAIK, you can buy clove cigarettes from "unoffiicial" dealers, you can smoke them, you just can't buy them in shops in the US now. Djarum Black was pretty nice when I tried it, even though they were too thin to fit in my cigarette holder.

IMO, they've been outlawed because of the US tobacco companies, which want a bigger share of the market.

you use a cigarette holder? :lol:

I had heard they were outlawed, but I noticed that the drummer of the band I had in last week had a pack of Djarum Specials... :idk:

• Members
Flavored cigarettes are now illegal. They made menthol exempt from the ban. I believe you can still buy clove 'cigars' and they are supposed to be similar.

Not a political shot, FYI...
but Obama pushed for the ban of Djarums and other flavored cigarettes, but no one could figure out why he didn't push for the ban of menthol...

maybe because he smokes menthol?

Way to pick and choose. :thu:

• Members
Not a political shot, FYI...

but Obama pushed for the ban of Djarums and other flavored cigarettes, but no one could figure out why he didn't push for the ban of menthol...

maybe because he smokes menthol?

Way to pick and choose.
:thu:

Wow, I didn't even know about this. That's just a bizarre ban, no matter how you look at it. Oh well, politicians have to act like they're out to get cigarettes and tobacco companies, just so they can justify constantly raising taxes on the poor (which is essentially what every cigarette tax is). It's alot easier than raising taxes on the wealthy and influential, after all.

• Members
OK, I still have hope then. I've been smoking for a year, quit twice for one month during the time.
:lol:

My advice would be this..

....unless you want to be smoking for the rest of your life, give up now because it only gets harder, never easier.

• Members

It's a bit weird, I've never been that much into smoking - I always preferred snus, but then came all this {censored} with new tobacco laws and licenses, and it's been unavailable for nearly a year now, so smoking for me is just a way of substituting the nicotine intake. But when a friend of mine went to Sweden and brought back 10 cans of snus, I quit smoking, and by the end was just down to two snus packets a day, but then the snus ended and I took up smoking again.

I even like snus more than smoking. Hopefully it'll either get back in the shops or I'll find a way to buy it on the cheap, kick smoking and then kick snus (which is easier).

And snus made me feel alert, snappy and happier, while smoking just feeds my nicotine addiction - it doesn't make me feel that better. Damn, being 18 and smoking for a year. My father managed to quit after 10 years of smoking for religious reasons, my mom still smokes on weekends. I dunno, I wanna quit all the time, even it's just for the family, but it's so hard. {censored}.

Archived