October New Gear Thread

Don Solaris

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron

nyah

• Members

Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron Diametron

nyah

• Members

Just bought myself the Access Virus TI Snow :D:D:D:D

I'm new to the world of hardware synths besides a roland sh 201 that I have but I don't like it that much.

What can I expect from the Virus?

I saw the Atomizer in action and fell in love.

• Members

Interesting. Can you describe it in more detail?

Maybe I'm a noob on synths but I couldn't create anything that far out on the 201. It all kind of sounded the same. Ihave many VST synths and I could get any sound out of them thats on the 201.

Now the Virus just looks so deep, not to mention the number of presets available for it, plus the integration with the DAW is a big thing for me.

I've been hearing sound demos of what's possible with the Virus and it just blew my mind, but once I heard the Atomizer function my jaw dropped. I had to get it. I sold off my Fantom X7 for it since I already have the motif es. I guess I'm niot that big a fan of the roland type sound.

Most of you have to agree that every company's synths have aparticular character to them, like a vibe. I was feeling the 201 as well as the fantom were a little to thin and brittle sounding, I don't know if you understand me but thats how i feel about it.

• Members

I do agree, I don't like modern Roland stuff much.

I was just curious if you had any examples of limited headroom. Using less bits, a smaller word size, would be a DSP cost cutting measure (giving up headroom in this case).

Maybe I used the wrong word for what i meant (headroom).:confused:

I meant to say that the 201 doesnt seem as deep as the Virus, so there isn't a lot to do to the sound to manipulate it and make it something never before heard.

I'm basically against the modern Roland type sound. I hear some old stuff and it sounds so fat. What happened:confused:

Anybody else on the forums have a Virus?

• Members

You went from an SH-201 to a Virus?

That's like going from a MicroKorg to an Oasys!

I bet
that
doesn't happen too often...
:D

~M

I for my part have an issue with the Virus. This is the only synth that gives me a headache (or earfatique?) after playing for a while. Not that it is a bad synth, but something is not right here. I keep it around but I get much more mileage out of the SH-201 these days. Not as deep but very musical.

• Members

Yes! And they're great - I can't recommend them more highly for this application.

I'm a lazy bastard when it comes to posting pics, however.
:facepalm:

Oh come on my dear boy - how hard can it be!

Think of the happy happy happy times we will all have looking at them...

Purdy puleez? :poke::poke:

:)

Archived