October New Gear Thread

Don Solaris

• Members

These two came in today, courtesy of credit card debt. :facepalm:

tnr_store_large.png

And

ebbeundflutklein.jpg

The final purchase (OASYS, the reason the above are debt and not bought with cash) will be coming in this weekend, but will probably remain with my parents in Florida until the movers come to pick it up. (Probably in December.) At least I'll get to play it when I go back for Thanksgiving. :facepalm: I might get desperate and ship it here, but I'm nervous about how such an expensive instrument will be handled.

-D

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Recalibrating the mod wheel worked! Thanks Kpatz!

There's also a cool panel debug mode (power-on + soft button 2)

That's cool that the calibration worked!

After going into debug mode, hit soft button 8 and all the LEDs will flash repeatedly. Christmas tree mode. ;)

I got my Andy up on the stand:

andy_5.jpg

She still was suffering from amnesia. After leaving it off for an hour or so, it would power up with all initialized presets, that only made weird blip sounds. So, I opened 'er up and found a battery on the main board. A battery? I thought modern synths all use flash storage now. Not only that, but it was soldered to the board... I guess Alesis wanted to give this synth a vintage character in more ways than one. Testing with a voltmeter showed that the battery was good, but the points on the board weren't getting voltage. So I pushed down on the battery, to get the contact points to make, uh, contact, and then I got voltage. Put 'er back together, threw her up on the stand, did a factory reset, and hopefully I don't have a "blonde" Andromeda anymore. :lol:

• Members

I just powered it up after an hour or two and got the "Pighood" bank again. Guess I'll have to run to Radio Shack and get a battery holder and a battery. Why Alesis didn't put a battery holder in in the first place, I guess to save 5 cents.

• Members

I just powered it up after an hour or two and got the "Pighood" bank again. Guess I'll have to run to Radio Shack and get a battery holder and a battery. Why Alesis didn't put a battery holder in in the first place, I guess to save 5 cents.

You probably just got the 'Pighood Special' A6 version.

No presets no matter what you do. You can still make noise though. :cool:

• Members

So either I'm completely retarded or I'm not getting any sound from my newly acquired Andromeda. I've tried all of my audio inputs, headphone out, and directly into my speakers. I've tried the various resets and other things. Anything else I should check?

There's 2 volume knobs - one on the left side of the board, and one on the right.

• Members
Could be a loose internal cable not seated properly with shipping?
:(
not fun times

Shipping to Hawaii could more than likely do that. Gonna play around with a few more things and hopefully get it working. If I'm not able to play with it tonight, I more than likely will not sleep very well. Ugh, haha.

Archived