October New Gear Thread

Don Solaris

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Congratulations PC, welcome to Club Orange! You're actually gonna put it away and not play it until Christmas??

Yup. Obviously i'm gopnna check out it's all working first, then it's getting reboxed and giftwrapped until december 25th. I actually don't have the space to set it up without setting something down while my gear's still crammed into a corner of my bedroom, so it's an extra incentive to get the attic sorted out.

Today i finally finished sanding the floor! Varnishing it is pretty painless, so after that i need to finish stripping the stairs, rebuild the stairwell and sand a few scorch marks off of the crossbeam - after that it's all cleaning up and fairly cosmetic stuff like painting.

Just quit my voluntary job (the training they offered wasn't going to materialise) so going to cut myself some time out to have a big push on this.

Worst case scenario i think is that i at least get all the nasty stuff done soon, so i can clean up and move stuff up there again.

• Members

I found these two minor gems at the local thrift store. They both work perfectly

Casio MT-600 (cost: $9.60)

Casio CZ-101 (cost: $19.19)

Casio%20MT-600%20&%20CZ-101%20001.JPG

I'm particularly fond of the Casio sound because my first "real" synth was a CZ-1000, bought when I was 18 in 1987.

The MT-600 has some surprisingly analog sounds.

-

• Members

You only have two Andromedas?!

Heh. If you're gonna make it in the music biz, you'll need AT LEAST three.
:)

Maybe the next year when new batch of Andromedas arrive ...

What I like most about that picture is that everything is hooked up to that tiny 4-channel mixer under the desk.

There is Behringer RX1602 in the rack. This one under the desk is just for monitoring.

• Members

I also picked up a new mackie 1202 mixer this week... haven't had time to set it up yet, but the cats have been guarding it for me in case of ninja attack:

Phoo keeping watch:

MackiePhoo.jpg

Eugene on patrol:

MackieEu2.jpg

Sarge is the best guardian, even if she sometimes falls asleep on the job (and the mixer!):

MackieSargw.jpg

btw i don't usually have a grubby old pair of PA speakers in my front room... they're just there while i clear out the cellar of stuff that's been there for years (and potential ebay gas fundraiser type stuff)

• Members

Expanding the DJ rig

dsc02125_640x480.jpg

Pair of CDJ-1000 Mk3 CD decks and a DJM-800 mixer.

While laptop DJ software is really good these days - there was just something missing and just couldnt really get into it - ie the 'its still a bloody computer syndrome' :)

Archived