October New Gear Thread

Don Solaris

• Members

Ok, I can finally let the cat out of the bag... my new (used) Andromeda came today!

This thing is a heavy beast!

andy_1.jpg

Fantastic!

This is the second Andy over here on board in one week. :thu:

I was actually to get the first one, wanted to surprise you all, since store called me 3 weeks ago to pick it up, but i'm still collecting the money. Couple of days more and it should be here.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fantastic!

This is the second Andy over here on board in one week.
:thu:

I was actually to get the first one, wanted to surprise you all, since store called me 3 weeks ago to pick it up, but i'm still collecting the money. Couple of days more and it should be here.

I think its the fourth!

synthetica and Markshovel2 are Andromedeans too now! :thu:

• Members

Here's a second positive reference for Tony...He sent me an Electrix Warp Factory, and I didn't even realize it was coming with the original manual! Great shape, fair price, terrific packaging and FAST shipping!

Thanks, Tony!

~M

Once we are at it...one positive reference here for Michael Blue. A very honest person, fun to talk to, and very reliable regarding shipping. Thanks!!

• Members

I got mine on eBay (used), for around $1725. Pretty good deal. I couldn't justify the $2500-3000 or so for a new one when there have been quite a few popping up on ebay recently.

Is there a manufacture date printed anywhere on the Andy? I didn't see one on the back or bottom of mine. But there is a cool blue LED that lights up on the rear panel. Not sure what purpose it serves, except to indicate that the A6 is powered on, when looking at the back. :)

• Members

Yep, everything autotuned perfectly. The only issue with it (and the seller mentioned it in the listing) is that it occasionally loses its memory (user bank, global settings etc.) and has to be hard reset. It was like that when I unboxed it, but it was working fine after a reset. I wonder if there's a small battery or supercap inside that retains the user memory that needs replacing.

Physically it's in fine shape. Signs of usage but no undue wear. I was surprised at how well constructed it is. Metal case and all. It's not a cheapo plastic synth by any stretch.

As for the wife, she "scolded" me like she always does when I buy a toy, but she's usually pretty cool. She mainly complains if I spend too much time playing with them, or (when programming) hold a sound too long without sounding "musical". I just have to play the intro to "Jump" once in a while to keep her happy. :)

• Members

Well, my other issue is where the heck I'm going to put the new beast.

I can remove the Microkorg and shelf off my 2nd stand tier, but then my speakers have no home. I ordered this but it's backordered until 11/9:

WS8700-large.jpg

• Members

I bought it new from novamusik. Hopefully they'll take care of me. The modwheel isn't loose or anything, it just doesn't have an effect on anything. I've also tried connecting the Andy to another module to see if it's sending the modwheel info, and it isn't.

New or used? If new - where from? Broken mod wheel?
:confused:

You mean physically broken? Or that it doesn't have an effect when you use it?

• Members

I bought it new from novamusik. Hopefully they'll take care of me. The modwheel isn't loose or anything, it just doesn't have an effect on anything. I've also tried connecting the Andy to another module to see if it's sending the modwheel info, and it isn't.

Disappointing, but I'm sure it'll get worked out.

• Members

Before you call Novamusik, try this: Set the mod wheel to 0 (all the way toward you), and then hold down soft button 4 while turning the Andromeda on. This will reset the global settings, and will also recalibrate the mod wheel (this is from the troubleshooting guide in the manual).

You can also try soft button 5 on power-up, which is a recalibration of the mod wheel and ribbon.

As a last resort, do a full factory reset by holding soft button 3 down while turning the Andy on. This will erase all user programs and mixes, so take a sysex dump or copy to a RAM card first.

• Members

Thanks for the good info. The manual is so huge, I hadn't gotten to the trouble shooting section. I had been looking in the modulation/croute sections, trying to see if something wasn't setup right.

I'll give that a try when i get home tonight.

• Members

they seem to have hit an icy patch.. ive been having some issues with them too ..

• Members

Well is it their fault, is it the manufacturer's, or is it now just a matter of a machine reset (in this Andy's case)? The problems DLP had were caused by the manufacturer. The jury is out on the Andy but regardless, I can't see why it would be their fault, especially if they shipped it new in a sealed box.

• Members

Recalibrating the mod wheel worked! Thanks Kpatz!

There's also a cool panel debug mode (power-on + soft button 2)

Before you call Novamusik, try this: Set the mod wheel to 0 (all the way toward you), and then hold down soft button 4 while turning the Andromeda on. This will reset the global settings, and will also recalibrate the mod wheel (this is from the troubleshooting guide in the manual).

You can also try soft button 5 on power-up, which is a recalibration of the mod wheel and ribbon.

As a last resort, do a full factory reset by holding soft button 3 down while turning the Andy on. This will erase all user programs and mixes, so take a sysex dump or copy to a RAM card first.

Archived