HCFX cycling club.

Loobs

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
  • Members

Anyone got out yet.

I just got home from the maiden voyage on my new bike. {censored}ing stoked on it.

Supposed to rain for the next 5 days here or something... need to get back in shape... rain isn't going to help.

• Members

Anyone got out yet.

I just got home from the maiden voyage on my new bike. {censored}ing stoked on it.

Supposed to rain for the next 5 days here or something... need to get back in shape... rain isn't going to help.

Ohhh yeah, I've been cycling my work commute for a while and finally have been able to start again, got back out the second week of March when we had all that warm weather. I cover a solid 35km per day, so I guess ~175km/week if I don't ride on weekends.

Its crazy how much my mood and energy has lifted since its stopped snowing here and I can pull the bike out again. Feels good man.

• Members

I just picked up a Masi Speciale CX, great ride . I've changed jobs and don't ride to work anymore, it sucks. my new job is about a 20 mile commute each way, most of it not on bike routes through rush hour traffic aaand there's a really sketchy bridge as well. I'm going to give it a shot I think, it just seems really dangerous compared to my old work route that was all bike trails.

• Members

Ohhh yeah, I've been cycling my work commute for a while and finally have been able to start again, got back out the second week of March when we had all that warm weather. I cover a solid 35km per day, so I guess ~175km/week if I don't ride on weekends.

Its crazy how much my mood and energy has lifted since its stopped snowing here and I can pull the bike out again. Feels good man.

yeah felt good to be on the bike... I'm going to need to put on a significant amount of Km's to get back to where i was last year...

And so it begins.

• Members

I used to ride a MTB. I still have it. It's a nice one too. It's a Cannondale Super V 900. Had lot of people to ride with, and some great areas to ride. Where I live now, the parks are much smaller , and none of my friends can handle the woods.

Now i'm fat and lazy.

Anyone have any motivational words to get me back out there? Cause I do miss it.

• Members

I used to ride a MTB. I still have it. It's a nice one too. It's a Cannondale Super V 900. Had lot of people to ride with, and some great areas to ride. Where I live now, the parks are much smaller , and none of my friends can handle the woods.

Now i'm fat and lazy.

Anyone have any motivational words to get me back out there? Cause I do miss it.

Rule #5 :

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

• Members

I'm still cycle commuting here in Bristol - at the moment my commute is a dream - only 1.5 miles each way and there's only a smallish hill at the end.

When my company relocates to a building out of town it goes up to 7 miles each way with a big old hill in the way, I think it's going to be enjoyable though, and it'll sure keep me fit!

• Members

I'm still cycle commuting here in Bristol - at the moment my commute is a dream - only 1.5 miles each way and there's only a smallish hill at the end.

When my company relocates to a building out of town it goes up to 7 miles each way with a big old hill in the way, I think it's going to be enjoyable though, and it'll sure keep me fit!

Mike, have you hit the Railway Path to Bath yet?

• Members

i've been hitting the trainer 4-5 days a week since january, lost almost 20 pounds. i live 80 miles from my job, so no commuting for me, but i'm starting the search for grants and whatnot to do a bike-related foundation. GOTTA get back to bike commuting, i really {censored}ing miss it. oh, and i hit the trails twice so far. feels SO good to be outside, flying up and down hills...got a boy's weekend coming up at dirtfest in PA, gonna be killer. and i have some old friends coming out for a couple of weeks in june, always get a lot of riding done when they're in town...

dirtfest

• Members

Haven't seen this thread before. I'm from a DH/freeride background but I've become a road bike pervert recently in the name of losing a bit of weight, which I have at a rate of about a 1 kg week, and also because I can go out solo which is a dumb idea for DH. Anyway, my rides.

29837_10150218620855601_727505600_131912

Norco Shore II

408060_10151286452575601_727505600_23127

Cannondale CAAD8

• Members

Haven't seen this thread before. I'm from a DH/freeride background but I've become a road bike pervert recently in the name of losing a bit of weight, which I have at a rate of about a 1 kg week, and also because I can go out solo which is a dumb idea for DH. Anyway, my rides.

29837_10150218620855601_727505600_131912
Norco Shore II

408060_10151286452575601_727505600_23127
Cannondale CAAD8

Nice both great bikes.

I've heard nothing but good things about those CAAD frames.

• Members

Nice both great bikes.

I've heard nothing but good things about those CAAD frames.

Thanks. I'm a new comer to the whole road bike thing but I've had it 2 months and I've clocked what must be 450 ish miles on it and I have no complaints. I'm working up putting some SPDs on it now I've started to conquer my fear of being clipped in. Its a very alien thing when you've been mountain biking for years.

• Members

Since I last posted in this thread i've started a different job that gives me around 35 miles of commuting each day. That is, about 15.6 outward to the south entrance, and 18 and a bit back from the north entrance. The 15.6 I average 50 minutes - 1 hour, traffic allowing; the quickest I've yet managed was 43 minutes.working on that...

I also have my dad's old Falcon which he doesn't ride anymore and hasn't for years. Gorgeous bike, needs work. It's really not a boring commuting machine, but I've done a few on it. A lot of fun, but needs (amongst other things) a better saddle (I like charge spoons), clips (he never had liked them) and a rack long enough for my super c rack top bag... :love:

• Members

Thanks. I'm a new comer to the whole road bike thing but I've had it 2 months and I've clocked what must be 450 ish miles on it and I have no complaints. I'm working up putting some SPDs on it now I've started to conquer my fear of being clipped in. Its a very alien thing when you've been mountain biking for years.

I haven't got to SPDs yet as I/we have no money, but I was scared of the idea at first and now can't live without clips. I feel so much safer in them, not to mention faster.

• Members

Go for SPD - SL shimanos road pedals. Way better for the application.

Archived