HCFX cycling club.

Loobs

• Members

oh and for anyone making the switch from flats to clipless... go to a park and ride around clip in and out, track stand... learn how to eject etc.

but in the end, you will probably fall but the pain with accelerate the muscle memory to eject. ;-)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why havent I posted in this tread??

Damnit.

I was an avid bicyclist for the past year or so, but my $2500 got stolen a month or so a go :mad:

Planning on getting another one very soon, as i'm starting a new job :cool: My 45min driving commute will now be a 10 min bike commute :thu:

• Members

I ride to work every day, but it's just 3 miles out and back. I spent 2.5 hours riding my full suspension 29er yesterday and rode 32 miles in the cold and rain on my road bike today. I'm training for a 100k mountain bike race in NH in August. Good times...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

update: crashed in a race and am out for what looks like the majority of the season. separated shoulder, broken scapula, minor concussion, plenty of road rash, and a broken S-works carbon frame.

its been a couple weeks now. been getting in a an hour a day and a couple hours on days off. feels great to be on the bike again. hopefully, i will actually get to race the tail end of the season=)

in the mean time.... with injuries keeping me off my training plan... i actually am playing guitar! haha. and enjoying it!

• Members

update: crashed in a race and am out for what looks like the majority of the season. separated shoulder, broken scapula, minor concussion, plenty of road rash, and a broken S-works carbon frame.

its been a couple weeks now. been getting in a an hour a day and a couple hours on days off. feels great to be on the bike again. hopefully, i will actually get to race the tail end of the season=)

in the mean time.... with injuries keeping me off my training plan... i actually am playing guitar! haha. and enjoying it!

Optimism. You has it.

Injuries suck. Heal quickly.

• Members

Just a couple of rides out of necessity, as ever. My wife (who does the driving) was away, and the church that we attend most of the time (at which she works) is about 20 miles away from where we live at the moment. And I went up on the Saturday as well for a quick music practice...

Previous weekend I rode to a Scout camp (commemorating the Diamond Jubilee); about 50-60 miles in that, and the one before that I went to another Scout event; probably about 35 miles both ways. Or should have been; I took some wrong turnings and got hopelessly lost on the way up. :lol:

And normally (or at least, until this Friday :cry:) I've been doing about 35 miles of commute each day during the week.

• Members

I'm still trying to get the spray paint off the bike I bought from a local classified add. Once I do tho, I'll be bikin to work.

Try some nail polish remover.

If that doesn't work, try acetone but test in an inconspicuous area first.

If that still doesn't work, paint thinner will do it.

Whatever you do though, don't try to sand it off.

• Members

Try some nail polish remover.

If that doesn't work, try acetone but test in an inconspicuous area first.

If that still doesn't work, paint thinner will do it.

Whatever you do though, don't try to sand it off.

I've been using graffiti remover and it seems to be doing a good job, the paint job underneath is holding up well, just the small nooks and whatnot are a pain in the ass, and I ran out of the stuff. So part of it is laziness.

Archived