HCFX cycling club.

Loobs

• Members

I need a bike to ride to work in Shoreditch.

Any suggestions as to what sort of bike I should buy?

I don't know where Shoreditch is, but I bought a class of bike called a 29er. They are mountain bikes with larger wheels. I got a hardtail, and I ride it for hours every day.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

My current ride in the morning takes 10 minutes, sadly. I haven't done much else. Some possible audaxing in the offing this summer, though...

My [favourite] bike however is in great shape. Nice new Tektro brakes and R400 levers a couple of weeks ago. :)

DSCF6508.jpg

Needs a wash though. :lol:

• Members

Been going out on late night rides with my buddy who's a paraplegic and rides a handcycle.
On steeper uphills, he grabs onto the rear rack and I pull him. Mostly because of his gearing.
Works pretty well. Crazy workout for me as you can imagine.

Was actually getting bored riding here but this has opened up a whole new thing for me.
We also get heavily 'moked during the ride.

102_0160.jpg

• Members

My new bike (not my pic). Found it in my front yard last month. Called the cops and there was no report that it was stolen. Called all the bike shops in town, and no one posted anything about it. Posted to Craigslist in the lost and found as well as the bike section. No takers. It's in good shape, and I'm sure someone is missing it, but at least it has a good home now. My old bike was a clunker and kind of a PITA to ride, but I actually look forward to getting around town with this one.

317.jpg

Archived