New Timeline, anyone getting it when it comes out?

dZjupp

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure it's tits, but no. Too expensive, and too many knobs. Tweakers will love it, but I like simplicity. THe El Cap is really good, although I'm still debating about selling it for something that isn't a one trick (albeit great one trick) pony as well.

• Members

I'm sure it's tits, but no. Too expensive, and too many knobs. Tweakers will love it, but I like simplicity. THe El Cap is really good, although I'm still debating about selling it for something that isn't a one trick (albeit great one trick) pony as well.

that is what i'm leaning towards keeping the original timeline, its super simple the way its setup. with this new one, its kind of like having to memorize every function of the el cap and brig. plus more, i'm just getting to old for that, so old that i'm prob the only person on HCFX now that enjoys Sonic Youth,

all these fanbois on here never heard of them

• Members

Sonic Youth is my favorite band.

The Timeline seems lilke a very powerful tool with some interesting delay features. That said it's a bit too expensive for me, if I were to buy a $500 delay I would without a doubt get the Pigtronix Echolution.

I will most likely get an El Capistan at some point in the future.

I'm sure the Timeline will go as it did when the Cap came out. There will be huge demand and it will sell out quickly for the first few batches, but then eventually after the first month or so they will be much more available. Patience.

• Members

that is what i'm leaning towards keeping the original timeline, its super simple the way its setup. with this new one, its kind of like having to memorize every function of the el cap and brig. plus more, i'm just getting to old for that, so old that i'm prob the only person on HCFX now that enjoys Sonic Youth,

all these fanbois on here never heard of them

dZjupp is the coolest {censored}ing person I have ever seen

• Members

Sonic Youth is my favorite band.

The Timeline seems lilke a very powerful tool with some interesting delay features. That said it's a bit too expensive for me, if I were to buy a $500 delay I would without a doubt get the Pigtronix Echolution.

I will most likely get an El Capistan at some point in the future.

I'm sure the Timeline will go as it did when the Cap came out. There will be huge demand and it will sell out quickly for the first few batches, but then eventually after the first month or so they will be much more available. Patience.

The Echolution sucks terribly IMO.

The El Cap is good but one preset isn't enough and the Tap Tempo glitch issue aint great either.

• Members

I was wrestling over whether or not to get an ElCap (or 919) because neither offers presets... and that's a pretty necessary feature for me. So, when the Timeline was unveiled, I was pretty stoked. Most of the functionality of the ElCap + Brig + a whole mess other awesome looking delays, a display, looper and 200 presets? Yes please. :)

Not sure if I'll end up keeping the Superdelay (which I haven't been able to get away from for the last 2.5+ years), but if the Timeline ends up being as awesome as it looks, I will be a VERY happy camper.

Really looking forward to them releasing more info on this bad boy.

• Members

I dont think they have a preorder yet so I think all hell will break loose when they come out. Im gonna sell off either my DD6 or DL4 to help pay for it.

... wait what?

P.S. Who'd use the midi features and how? I like the idea of syncing up effects via midi (Or within an M9) or using your tap tempo to control a drum machine/something like that.

• Members

I'm 100% in. I think me and Nick are in the same boat; long time Superdelay users, but pretty much my only gripes with the Superdelay are 'corrected' with the new Timeline: digital BPM readout, trails in each delay mode, subdivision options available in every mode as well, as well as FULL midi capabilities (won't have to scroll through presets). But again, the Superdelay is awesome, but I just find myself using the El Capistan THAT much more than the SD, so the new Timeline makes perfect sense for me.

Oh, I'll be getting a 919 as well. ;)

Archived