New Timeline, anyone getting it when it comes out?

dZjupp

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Space looks pretty intense. Too intense, in fact. I am thinking of giving the Hall of Fame Reverb a spin though... I adore the RRR, but if the HOF can pull off most of the same sounds I love decently enough, I think a few of the extra modes might be fun. I also like the trails function.

I'm going to try and hold out and scoop one off the used market once they're out... but even @ $150, that may well be a very nice pedal for the money.

• Members

Yeah, I'll pass on the Space, even though it looks freaking cool.

And at $449, I really don't think the Timeline is too expensive. Expensive? Yes. Too expensive? Absolutely not. Especially considering what you get with it - which IMO looks to be significantly more than the Superdelay. Granted the Superdelay is much simpler to use, but once I find my presets with the Timeline, I won't be tweaking too much.

• Members

... wait what?

P.S. Who'd use the midi features and how? I like the idea of syncing up effects via midi (Or within an M9) or using your tap tempo to control a drum machine/something like that.

What? Haha as soon as I saw the video I instantly knew I would use it for all my delays once they came out so I took some money from my refund to save up for it. I saw on their blog that they have no preordering system in place according to Strymon so its anyones fair game :s I know ill be ordering day 1. The ice and auto volume sound amazing and the amount of presets is astonishing.

• Members

The tap tempo implementation will either sell it to me or stop me from buying it. I need to be able to have the tempo locked in with a live drummer before i access a patch, so i either need to be able to cue up a patch and tap the tempo before i turn it on (like i can with my dd-20), or it needs to be able to have patches follow a master tempo (like a nova delay or timefactor).

If you have to activate a patch before you can tap the tempo (like a dl4 and also the original timeline), then it will be too annoying for me to use in a band situation where the drummer isn't playing to a click track. I emailed them to ask and they didn't fully grasp what i was asking, so to be honest I'm not hopeful.

• Members

The tap tempo implementation will either sell it to me or stop me from buying it. I need to be able to have the tempo locked in with a live drummer before i access a patch, so i either need to be able to cue up a patch and tap the tempo before i turn it on (like i can with my dd-20), or it needs to be able to have patches follow a master tempo (like a nova delay or timefactor).

Hadn't considered that... but global tap tempo was pretty handy on the M9.

• Members

With the El Cap, I don't find the repeats die out at all, not really. They shift from the tap you have, to your new tap but it isn't like the delays just die especially if you're playing anyways. This issue with the El Cap is so minor it's laughable. If people are really bothered by this slight hesitation, they should pick up a new hobby.

• Members

With the El Cap, I don't find the repeats die out at all, not really. They shift from the tap you have, to your new tap but it isn't like the delays just die especially if you're playing anyways. This issue with the El Cap is so minor it's laughable. If people are really bothered by this slight hesitation, they should pick up a new hobby.

Maybe in a bedroom setting it's not that bad, but in a live setting, it CAN be really annoying.

With that said, it's never been much of an issue for me because we run a click track in our ears anyway, so I can set the tempo pre-song and never have to tap in anything different. But if we weren't playing with a click track, I'd more than likely need to tap in a new tempo a couple times during any given song, and that would be annoying to have my repeats cut off while I'm tapping in the new tempo.

• Members

Good luck with that! Ethan didn't seem to understand what I was talking about, and then when I explained in more detail he was a bit vague about it. Sounded like it definitely wasn't in their original plan, but that perhaps they'd consider it. I got the distinct impression it won't be a feature of the new Timeline.

• Members

I'll be getting one, and running it with my Space, which will both be MIDI controlled

See... that would be one thing that really interests me with the Space - being able to run both the Timeline and the Space with 1 MIDI controller. I just don't think I need THAT much reverb... could be fun having multiple presets though... :idk:

• Members

See... that would be one thing that really interests me with the Space - being able to run both the Timeline and the Space with 1 MIDI controller. I just don't think I need THAT much reverb... could be fun having multiple presets though...
:idk:

I definitely don't need all the reverb that the Space has, but it will do all my Blue Sky did plus allow me to have more than 2 presets, and allow me to have different settings depending on which delay I'm using, thats what sold me on it.

Archived