OT: IT'S TIME... Who are you voting for ... ???

Diametro

• Members

oh my, where does the good book say THIS, pray tell?

Christians, by the very nature of what jesus said, should stay OUT of politics. Why werent they interceding for the UN, or the world in general? Why were they interceding for other humans AT ALL?

Do you even have a bible? Or are you trying to stir up trouble?

Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 1 Timothy 2:1-2

Fact is, you had children brainwashed into praying for George W. bush -- as if he is their saviour or something.

At least you didn't say praying to Bush like a lot of people did.

As to why, it's the same reason why I'll pray for Obama if he's elected. It's something that is recommended in the bible for christians to do, to pray for the people that we have in government.

See i think many christians dont realize that when Jesus came on the scene he kind of killed the whole "one nation blessed by god" thing, took the kingdom away from Israel, and it became a SPIRITUAL nation. When this happened, the opportunity was given for EVERYONE to be a part of it, not just the jews.

therefore, nationalism is pretty much totally wrong in a christian faith because it puts one nation (where a christian might exist) above another (where another christian might exist)

Jesus Doctrine extolls equality, and the spreading of his message across the ENTIRE world.

NO ONE NATION IS BLESSED BY GOD ANYMORE.

get it through your heads, so-called christians...

you are walking contradictions.

Again, read the scripture at the top of this post.

I fail to see how praying for our people in government makes me a "one nation rules the world" kind of guy. I'm just praying that God will guide them and bless them and protect our nation. I do happen to pray for other nations as well, especially since I just live here, wasn't born here.

But perhaps you will show me the evil of my ways.

answer this: why did they need a cardboard cutout of GWB in front of them whilst they prayed?

You don't need one.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

that people don't generally know or accept this fact is entirely because
they spent to much time making fun of nerds instead of
listening
to them

there is no abortion debate- there are a few misguided folks who cling to a modern religious dogma- there is no admonitions against abortion in the bible- until modern times abortions were considered nothing but female menstrual hygiene! they were performed primarily with a stick porous wood like elm and turpentine-

There's a bit of information and a lot of misinformation in that post.

All I'm gonna say, if it was that obvious, there would be a clear line between a fetus and a baby, and there isn't one.

• Members

Do you even have a bible? Or are you trying to stir up trouble?

Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 1 Timothy 2:1-2

gotta love it how you guys take things out of context.... (scripturally and historically)

it says NOTHING about insuring their success or policies, or supporting the government in anyway.

it is praying CONCERNING them so that the preaching work can continue peacefully. (and notice, for ALL men. Yes, lets pray for ALL men so that they can learn about god.. yes, its THAT simple.)

i suggest that you read, not only THAT verse, but the rest of the verses in that chapter, the few preceding it, and while you are at it, the rest of the Bible...

• Members

I thought the bible was written way before there even were governments...

The earliest written hebrew documents are from about 2000BC - about the time of King David. Of course there might have been written documents before that, but we don't know when they started writing in the hebrew culture.

Government already existed when the earliest scriptures were written down.

• Members

All I'm gonna say, if it was that obvious, there would be a clear line between a fetus and a baby, and there isn't one.

sure there is :rolleyes:

I can connect an EEG to the gravid belly during the 7th month and wait for the alpha spikes- that is all- until then there have been NO action potentials fired through the neocortex and no limbic feedback to provide any sort of pattern or structure to the neural map which defines who you are going to be and how you sort and store information in your brain

sure you can argue about 'potentiality' of life- and that might be existentially valid- but it isn't enough for any kind of general practical physical policy or anything like that- that makes the entire issue a very intimate personal decision for women- the fact that some have tried to make it something else is not based on anything but Control Ideology- I am saying that as a political issue the debate is illegitimate

• Members

sure there is
:rolleyes:

I can connect an EEG to the gravid belly during the 7th month and wait for the alpha spikes- that is all- until then there have been NO action potentials fired through the neocortex and no limbic feedback to provide any sort of pattern or structure to the neural map which defines who you are going to be and how you sort and store information in your brain

have any scientific references or easy to understand lectures on this one?

• Members

So obviously regardless of what Dobson says or doesn't say (I don't have time to read a letter that big when I already made my mind about the subject), I also have an idea of how an Obama administration will set back Christian values in society. I happen to want to vote against such thing, I believe it's my democratic right, isn't it?

If you vote on basis of abortion, would you vote for this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV_ypVdgUF8

Sure, the man can change his mind. Just remember that when Kerry did this he was called out as a flip-flopper.

Perhaps you may also want to read http://audacityoftruth.net/2008/10/14/infanticide/

• Members

gotta love it how you guys take things out of context.... (scripturally and historically)

it says NOTHING about insuring their success or policies, or supporting the government in anyway.

it is praying CONCERNING them so that the preaching work can continue peacefully. (and notice, for ALL men. Yes, lets pray for ALL men so that they can learn about god.. yes, its THAT simple.)

i suggest that you read, not only THAT verse, but the rest of the verses in that chapter, the few preceding it, and while you are at it, the rest of the Bible...

And do you have any idea about what I pray (or what those kids were praying)? You're just trolling.

Regarding that verse, I did not take it out of context. The context is very clear.

• Members

The earliest written hebrew documents are from about 2000BC - about the time of King David. Of course there might have been written documents before that, but we don't know when they started writing in the hebrew culture.

Government already existed when the earliest scriptures were written down.

government has existed for a VERY long time, yes.

• Members

And do you have any idea about what I pray (or what those kids were praying)? You're just trolling.

Regarding that verse, I did not take it out of context. The context is very clear.

ill let people who are honestly interested in the bible and its words/teaching to make that decision for themselves, from the context, not from some half believer or some religious freak.:thu:

www.prayforbush.com

• Members

sure there is
:rolleyes:

Just before the brain isn't yet fully functional, it doesn't mean that it's not a person yet.

Like I said, you accept that as being the line divider, to other people it's not that clear.

• Members

government has existed for a VERY long time, yes.

Democratic based governments like nowadays? Surely they're not even remotely the same?

Just because the bible tells something that could be appropriate some 4000 years ago, that doesn't have to mean that it still does today, right? Different times, different situations if you ask me..

• Members

You leftist goons are like bricks. Obama has several books he has "authored" - although how much of each book he actually wrote is up for debate; and there are hours and hours of audio, and pages and pages of transcripts, of the things Obama has said. Obama has laid out the framework for destorying the country as we know it.

You are a profoundly silly person.

• Members

ill let people who are honestly interested in the bible and its words/teaching to make that decision for themselves, from the context, not from some half believer or some religious freak.
:thu:

www.prayforbush.com

No! I will use The Force against them! I'm forcing people! See!!!! :rolleyes:

So you already judged me a half-believer? Is there such a thing? Is that like being half pregnant?