Joyo is genius!

sonda01

• Members

i just realized.. this whole thing could be a marketing stunt by Joyo.

they give some of their pedals a different name/paintjob..

they themselves start a phony "boutique" pedal company..

the "boutique" company gets exposed..

now there is a lot of attention on Joyo..

the $30 pedal that passed the boutique test.

i guarantee their sales will go up due to this controversy.

the real winner = Joyo

i could be wrong.. but if i'm right, these guys are pure genius(es?)

• Members

heh........it's a funny premise......but having MET the people at JOYO.....i really kind of doubt they would do that.

this whole Freekish Blues thing surely HAS given them a lot more visibility though. i am interested to hear what my contact at JOYO has to say about my email - hopefully i will hear from him tomorrow...

• Members

ah i see. dangit there goes my epic theory.

but regardless of the outcome. Joyo is still the winner at the end of the day.

i agree -- the Freekish Gate has caused THOUSANDS of people to become aware of Joyo -- now they just need to set up some USA distribution. i have been telling them that for 6 months now. they wanted ME to do it, but i don't have the kind of capital required to do it right.

but someone needs to start importing and distributing their stuff. they need someone with good ears and some tech knowhow to fine tune their designs just a little......and they would sell a LOT of pedals.

still....they need to tone down the obvious Fulltone and Tech 21 copies just a little :)

• Members

Them folks at JoYo have mad marketing skillz. After talking to them at the Frankfurt Musikmesse (where half of their pedals on display were kaputt) and they also had these mysteriously smiling asian women to attract the bypassers, they kept sending me emails every 48 hours for a while until I replied that I'm just a amateur player and would not place a large order.

They also sent me their pricelist, but at the Messe, these prices were negotiable.

• Members

but someone needs to start importing and distributing their stuff. they need someone with good ears and some tech knowhow to fine tune their designs just a little......and they would sell a LOT of pedals.

That's what FB was doing.

:cop:

• Members

Joyo does stand to 'win' more in this situation than anyone else really. I'm neutral on all this until we have more facts, statements, photos, etc. Anything is a possibility, but I've met Ken and he seemed like a nice guy to me. That's all I know. It would really be a brilliant/evil marketing stunt by Joyo.

• Members

The thing I like about asian women is that they are very sweet, but then you look into their eyes and you realise they'll do anything with a smile and a giggle.

This is just plain wrong but Asian women ftw.

• Members

Them folks at JoYo have mad marketing skillz. After talking to them at the Frankfurt Musikmesse (where half of their pedals on display were kaputt) and they also had these mysteriously smiling asian women to attract the bypassers, they kept sending me emails every 48 hours for a while until I replied that I'm just a amateur player and would not place a large order.

They also sent me their pricelist, but at the Messe, these prices were negotiable.

oh, you met Alice too??? ;)

Archived