Fuzz with yo humbuckazzz

El Parto

• Members

I'm wondering if its the pickups, my destroyer had the stock super 70 in the neck and a dimarzio super distortion, so it was very dark and muddy, which a lot of stock ibanez pickups I've come across can suffer from. My destroyer freaking loves fuzz now with the Suhr SSVs, which are a PAF style pickup. The guitar is still dark, but it retains it's clarity a lot better, while still bringing the beef.

• Members

supercollider and pharaoh both handle my humbucker guitars perectly fine. p80s are my favorite regardless. both pedals handle everything spot on. in other news i finally figured out how to make my delays work with my pharaoh and im beyngpumped. using gettng the montavillain delay as an excuse for mybirthday next moth, drunk worth

• Members

i have an old ibanez artist with a duncan distortion in the bridge into a marshall 2203. i've found plenty of fuzzes that love it.

sovtek muff, especially boosted with an ocd

eqd hoof fuzz

blackout effectors musket

black arts pharaoh

black arts lstr

earthbound audio beast/supercollider

sanford and sonny bluebeard

DAM meathead deluxe

i bought an eqd tone reaper that didn't like my setup so well, but the above have all been awesome.

• Members

Many fuzzes load down the guitar signal, which single coils drive better, and this causes the effect of it opening up in tone and and rapidly dropping in gain when you turn down the guitar. I liked my Black Russian muff better driven by a buffer, although the NYC was more special without it.

If the pedal has higher input impedance (>200K, preferably >500K), there should be no large difference between pickup types.

• Members

I want pure, sloppy, WTF fuzz, holmes
:)

I use humbuckers.... my secret destroyer from dwarftcraft devices is pretty WTF fuzz (it has one extra gain knob then the great destroyer)...

I also like my demo tape fuzz... buts thats not WTF at all, far more mild.

• Members

My fuzz boxes like all my guitars.

Humbuckers / P90s / Tele SC'ers.

Dan from the Black Keys stated in the MOJO (and other mags) that his core tone is in Humbuckers and small amps driven to the edge [and some fuzz boxes]

My main fuzz tone is my SG (w SD A2P's) + fuzz, into my Bassman. OK, the 4X12 cab helps too.

• Members

I'm wondering if its the pickups, my destroyer had the stock super 70 in the neck and a dimarzio super distortion, so it was very dark and muddy, which a lot of stock ibanez pickups I've come across can suffer from. My destroyer freaking loves fuzz now with the Suhr SSVs, which are a PAF style pickup. The guitar is still dark, but it retains it's clarity a lot better, while still bringing the beef.

I'm starting to think it may be the pickups, myself.

Archived