Incubus Fans

Aaron SS

• Members

Weird that he completely changed his guitar lineup to MM lately, especially when he was using Telecaster lastly.
I think these guitars looks strange on him. :confused: It's funny because I saw those videos on Facebook this morning,
and I bought a Reel Echo two days ago. Can't wait for it to arrives home! :)

• Members

Do you think his "wrist problem" explanation is a cover story for a new endorsement deal?

You can see Mike going to the hospital for his wrist operation in one of their DVDs. He also talks about some of his guitars necks getting customized

to a slimmer profile to help him play.

• Members

the oscillation on that reel echo is awesome! reminds me of the oscillation on some delay models on the old Korg AX units - i copped the same types of sounds with my AX1000G, that thing was SO MUCH FUN growing up... a lot of unique effects on that bad boy - harmonized delays... expression controlled flanging... weird stuttery digital delay effects.... Still have it actually! I highly recommend ANY player picking one up as a studio tool - the effects on them are really really excellent, as well as the amp modeling (for the time period they were constructed).

also... back to the Mesas and no more vintage axes? man, he has his phases.

• Members

I am one of the few that thinks the new album is great. Sure, it's not what people expect from them, but I respect them all the more for that. I think the songs are strong, the band are playing and singing very well, and there are some really cool sounds and interesting song structures. Couldn't care less that they've moved away from the distorted riff based stuff.

Sounds like you're justifying it to yourself.

• Members

what's up renula? not enoug off topic threads today?

I dont start a lot of those man, but since we are talking about incubus, for the last time I would say their biggest mistake is the singer. What a soulless pseudo poet that guy is.

What a waste of musicians.

• Members

such a big board/signal chain with no TB looper in sight. you would think a bypass strip would aid in his tap dancing, being able to turn on/off several pedals at once ?

(i did read in an interview/article that every pedal was there for a reason ...suppose this goes for bypass tone too)

• Members

such a big board/signal chain with no TB looper in sight. you would think a bypass strip would aid in his tap dancing, being able to turn on/off several pedals at once ?

(i did read in an interview/article that every pedal was there for a reason ...suppose this goes for bypass tone too)

I think he has some sort of power supply/booster/buffer/line driver sort of deal, his old tech made the thing for him, I think it's this box black that says "Mikey likes it", you can see it in some board shots, yeah I'm a huge incubus nerd

Archived