Protesters being arrested on the Brooklyn Bridge. Mass movement getting pissed.

solewheelin

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

once again, too big, too spread out, too ridiculous. demanding to reset the world to zero is insane, I don't see how whoever is writing this stuff can expect to be taken seriously.

natty just posted this picture of the protest to his face book:

wnB9g.jpg

• Members

oh, it's jus some tard on their forum posting that, it's not an "official" demand by the looks of it?

c'mon, just demand one is crazy. fast food burger flipper is not a $20 an hour job, and $20 is NOT a "living wage". that's a pretty {censored}ing comfortable wage for a responsible single person depending where you live. just enacting that alone will inflate the cost of good & services an incredible amount and put you back to square one where suddenly $20 an hour for bagging groceries is not enough. not to mention everyone else will then demand a raise based on their current job & skill in comparison to your general highschooler job now getting $20 an hour. $10 is more reasonable, and while not great isn't bad in comparison.

• Members

nomenclature, i don't want to report you, but using "tard" on the forum is offensive to some and you should think about changing it. if you want to put me down, please feel free to use assclown, {censored}head, bitchcoat, fapass, or dunce.

food for thought.

• Members

nomenclature, i don't want to report you, but using "tard" on the forum is offensive to some and you should think about changing it. if you want to put me down, please feel free to use assclown, {censored}head, bitchcoat, fapass, or dunce.

food for thought.

hey fapass, bitchcoat is not a pejorative.

• Members

$20 an hour works out to 40 grand a year, before taxes, if you're working a full 40 hours. That's pretty decent if you're just a dude living in an apartment and buying music gear. If you're supporting a family you're not doing so hot. If you don't have health insurance you're likely one accident/illness away from catastrophic bankruptcy.

• Members

No idea if anyone else is shared this, but in the following article Douglas Rushkoff articulates many things concerning the protests that I agree with. Here's the link, and he addressed a lot of the criticisms aimed at the protest.

That Erin Burnett sure was a snarky bitch re: the protests.

• Members

First they came for the derivatives trader,

and I didn't speak out because I didn't trade derivatives.

Then they came for the CEO's,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a CEO.

Then they came for the majority stockholders,

and I didn't speak out because I didn't own the majority of a corporation's stocks.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• Members

First they came for the derivatives trader,

and I didn't speak out because I didn't trade derivatives.

Then they came for the CEO's,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a CEO.

Then they came for the majority stockholders,

and I didn't speak out because I didn't own the majority of a corporation's stocks.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Like something straight out of that book "The Diary of Bernie Madoff". Remember those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it...

• Members

Being poor in America is the WORST. From Census data:

2.gif

Ah, bull{censored}. I could buy all that on Craigslist and Goodwill for under $2300 (minus Jacuzzi anyway). They don't magically generate food, transportation, job security, a safe environment for your kids, or God forbid community or self-satisfaction. They're simply byproducts of a hyper industrial age.

• Members

Ah, bull{censored}. I could buy all that on Craigslist and Goodwill for under $2300 (minus Jacuzzi anyway). They don't magically generate food, transportation, job security, a safe environment for your kids, or God forbid community or self-satisfaction. They're simply byproducts of a hyper industrial age.

Exactly. Since when do we measure wealth by possession of consumer electronics? If you think we've eradicated poverty, your are completely out of touch with reality. Jesus said "the poor will be with you always"--most accurate prophetic statement of all time.

Archived