How low could you go ?

warioblast

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If it was just for jamming, I'd be happy with fuzz, boost, trem, delay. But if I still had to do MOST of what I do in my band, I could probably get away with DM3> Hartman 308> Super-duper 2 in 1> Timefactor> Timeline> M9. I could use less, but I would have to rewrite parts of songs in order to get around it, I'd be cutting corners with that setup as it is.

• Members

Please spare us from the obviously trolling "I can play straight into my amp".

I don't think this is trolling. I think a lot of people can do this. I like to have some kind of light drive and some kind of reverb. If it comes from the amp, just one pedal for tuning. If it doesn't, I guess three pedals?

• Members

Depends, if I had am amp I liked the drive from and it had an effects loop, I could do with just a delay and a reverb (for stuff bigger than the standard spring business). Otherwise, I'd like to have the verb, delay, fuzz, and OD (or some sort of dual channel drive instead of the two)

• Members

Three. Learn to tune by ear.

I learned to do this like 7 years before I got a pedal tuner. Turns out that people at shows don't want to hear you tune, even if it only takes a minute. For this reason, it's important to have a tuning pedal so you can chat with the crowd (re: six people) while you tune between songs.

• Members

polytune->kingsley minstrel (has 3 channels, low gain, mid gain, and boosted high gain)-> fulltone MDV2 (chorus and vibe) -> diamond memory lane jr -> Wampler Faux spring reverb

or I could just buy a Kingsley amp with reverb, then I could easily just rock the tuner, vibe and delay

• Members

If worse comes to worse all I need is a polytune, HM-2, and a DL-4. When we would write we would have tons of pedals on the floor, but when it came time to play out we'd try and keep it as simple as possible, usually using a TS-9DX, HM-2 or Big Muff, and a Boss DD-20 or Line 6 DL-4. We hated playing bars, so we generally stuck to playing houses, and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have a huge ass pedal board in spaces that are generally pretty cramped and full of people. I think we started out only using Russian Big Muffs.

Archived