what do people eat for christmas?

bluehuricane

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
turkeysMS1512_468x307.jpg

Multi-bird roasts, where different types of bird are stuffed inside a larger one, have become the thing to carve this year - and the more birds involved the better.

1. Turkey, 2. Goose, 3. Barbary duck, 4. Guinea fowl, 5. Mallard, 6. Poussin, 7. Quail, 8. Partridge, 9. Pigeon squab, 10. Pheasant, 11. Chicken, 12. Aylesbury duck

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-502605/It-serves-125-takes-hours-cook-stuffed-12-different-birds---really-IS-Christmas-dinner.html

YES!

• Members

turkeysMS1512_468x307.jpg

Multi-bird roasts, where different types of bird are stuffed inside a larger one, have become the thing to carve this year - and the more birds involved the better.

1. Turkey, 2. Goose, 3. Barbary duck, 4. Guinea fowl, 5. Mallard, 6. Poussin, 7. Quail, 8. Partridge, 9. Pigeon squab, 10. Pheasant, 11. Chicken, 12. Aylesbury duck

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-502605/It-serves-125-takes-hours-cook-stuffed-12-different-birds---really-IS-Christmas-dinner.html

YES!

I'd like to see a pic of the finished product! Every year, I make a couple Turduckens for our Thanksgiving dinner for 20-28 people. When all is said and done, each one of the Turduckens weigh 30-35 pounds, and man it's delicious.

• Members

If it's a big family dinner with extended family:

veggie/relish tray (celery, pickles, olives, carrots, whatever else)
shrimp cocktail as an appetizer (sometimes)
deviled eggs
Cajun fried turkey or a ham (or both depending on the size of the crowd)
broccoli, rice, and cheese casserole
green bean casserole
cornbread dressing--heavy on the sage
baked macaroni and cheese or cheddar & garlic grits
those tiny English peas in the silver label cans
twice baked potatoes
sweet potato casserole
fruit salad with just fruit (not that ambrosia bull{censored})
pecan pie
lots of wine

• Members
I'd like to see a pic of the finished product! Every year, I make a couple Turduckens for our Thanksgiving dinner for 20-28 people. When all is said and done, each one of the Turduckens weigh 30-35 pounds, and man it's delicious.

Finished product you say?

12turkeysMS1512_468x351.jpg

Turduckens.... tell me more....

Archived