Leprechaun Pedalboard

guitapick

• Members

I know there's a thread for current boards, but I don't see a lot of Leprechauns on these forums and I love this board. Pretty simple, but it's really versatile and packs some serious punch:

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

Chain goes as follows:

TC Electronic Integrated Preamp under the hood (really great little unit)

Atom Smasher Boss CS-3 (Mark Humphrey mod)

XTS Preamp

Catalinbread Semaphore Tremolo

Boss CE-2

Neunaber WET

Strymon El Cap w/Favorite switch

The cables (except from tc preamp to compressor) were made by XTS. Great sound.

No tuner. I use a clip-on. The only thing I'm thinking of changing, at this point, is the Chorus. Tough decision because I love it so much (my second pedal, ever). But I had to take my flanger off the board to make room for the tremolo. Don't use a flanger much, but when I do, I really get off on it. So I'm considering either the tc electronic Stereo Chorus/Flanger or their Nova Modulator. Leaning towards the Chorus/Flanger because it looks like it would be easier to switch between the two sounds, mid tune. We'll see. I love that CE-2.

I put the delay last because I like to use the WET within the sound on sound function of El Cap. I've got a light reverb going on my Boogie Mark IIB that's on all the time, pretty much.

It's easy to think that the compressor's a weak link...but Mark's mod really made a difference. Quieter and smoother with more range. I A/B'd it with the Wampler Ego and the sound quality was on par. It's a really nice unit.

Here's a shot of a couple of holes I had him drill. I can plug into the tc preamp this way and also have access to the power supply's outlet for a strip or pedal with a plug, if necessary:

IMG_1124.jpg

• Members

I reeeaaally want to get down to 6 or 7 pedals on a smaller board, but it's like killing your children.

No {censored}. I can't believe how much I miss the flanger. It's my least used pedal, so I figured, "wtf". But when I want it, I really miss it. That's why I'm thinking of one of those tc electronic combo pedals.

I really do like the smaller board, though. Getting the XTS Preamp made it possible to add a boost, which is so cool. And the OD/Distortion on that pedal are awesome.

• Members

That is a very cool board. I've seen them before, thought they were an add-on for Pedaltrain. What/how do you connect your pedals to the actual board? And price?

They do make an add-on to a Pedaltrain which is pretty popular.

Here are the prices/sizes:

http://www.leprechaunpedalboards.com/store.html

This link shows how to connect pedals. These pedal locks are pretty cool. Very stable:

http://www.leprechaunpedalboards.com/videos.html

• Members

That's really neat man, thanks for posting that... I have a teacher who mentioned one of his students last 'round or two going off and starting this pedalboard co... I couldn't ever remember the name until just now. That's a really cool idea

• Members

That's really neat man, thanks for posting that... I have a teacher who mentioned one of his students last 'round or two going off and starting this pedalboard co... I couldn't ever remember the name until just now. That's a really cool idea

Yeah...I was looking at different boards and really liked a lot of them. But I liked this one most. The locking system's really effective, I can put my ps and tc preamp underneath and out of the way (a biggie...gives me more space on top), the angle's right (no touching the bottom row's pots when I'm stomping the top row), and the flight case is excellent.

chrony is right: it's more expensive than, say, the Pedaltrain Jr (which I like a lot). But it suits my needs just right and I had the extra $$$s from selling some gear. So here 'tis.

Archived