the new ZOOM G3 gets flogged by bobby d - best $199 modeler pedal EVAR

Bobby D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

hey guys! thanks for all the welcome backs and best wishes! :)

for someone who wants to jam out and practice late nite with headphones, this is a GREAT unit to do that with.

i have only run out of DSP when trying to add verbs -- verbs usually take up the most DSP power on ANY kind of modeler/effects unit.

the looper on the G3 has quite a bit more functionality than the Line 6 one in the M series or the HD series pedalboard multiFX.

for someone with a nice assortment of DIRT PEDLOLS -- just stick the G3 at the end of your signal chain and use it for delays/chorus/flange/verbs -- it will reward you greatly.

also, it has a VERY nice XLR direct output, and running it straight to the PA system gives you some really good TONES without having to mic an amp. i recently had to play one of those low volume, can't use an amp kind of gigs..........all you get is your direct signal in the floor wedges and the side full monitors......and the G3 sounded great, very toneful and dynamic. it made playing the gig a lot more enjoyable.

it also can function as a USB audio interface......and yes, it DOES come with some pretty cool editing software -- the software is not as sexy as the Line 6 editor, but it does a good job with the G3

yes, ZOOM stuff has usually been favored by metal guys, and it CAN do some really sick amounts of gain with a really good ZNR noise reduction model that works very well. but the new amp models, thanks to the ZFX-4 chip, are a whole new ball game. the G# can give you some very nice CLEAN sounds as well as very believeable low gain/on the edge of breakup sounds - i use a nice booster pedal in front to kick some of the amo models from mediumgain rhythm tones into screaming lead sounds -- using an external booster pedal allows you to save an FX slot for something more fun, like a flanger or multitap delay.

i will be doing some more demos soon, so everyone can hear all the basic effects, as well as some of the presets i have written for my own use at gigs

• Members

Im getting one and if its better looping than the dl4 Im selling the dl4

good point, olle. Ive been thinking of re-getting a dl4. like Pete from the Dandys said "even though they break all the time, nothing does as much as they do as well as they do it" I had a dl4 back in the day, and yes, I did think its a pretty damn good looper/ delay, even now.

bobby? any experience with the dl4?

• Members

I think I'm going to pick up one of these if I decide I need more effects in my new band. I can sell my tremolo, tuner, and compressor and just about break even anyway. I love the fact that it has a bitcrusher, too. Fuzz, OD, and G3 should be just about perfect on my PT mini. Thanks for the demo!

Archived