Post your 2012 New Year's Gear Resolutions :)

delayed delay

• Members

1. Finish designing my JFET-based preamp. Build a few, sell a few, get some feedback.

2. Figure out how to build MOSFET power amp without electrocuting myself.

3. Combine them to create a botique SS amp

4. ?????

5. Profit!

Other things I'd like to do, which I won't be doing until I get a job:

* replace my micro-pog+PS5 with a PitchFactor.

* get a Warmoth Strat in old Gilmour colors (maple fretboard, black body, BWB three-ply pickgaurd, cream pickups).

* hotwire it to hellz.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Get start refretted and re-do electronics

Re-tele-ify tele (swap to proper tele bridge and single coil bridge PU)

Crown frets on First Act Paul Westerberg

Get Rat fixed (right now it's only doing cocked-wah sounds at low volume...)

Tidy gear room

Find some way of getting coated strings for my 12 string bass (anyone know a company which does coated piccolo bass sets, or really, really long coated baritone sets?)

Play more

Re-configure recording setup

Record

Maximum 2 pedal purchases

Steve

• Members

1) I need a nice, premium quality electro-acoustic guitar, that I'll probably grab next week :thu:

2) I want to make the most of the pedal board I have and not buy anything new pedalwise (unless anything stunning or vastly different comes out at NAMM or something).

3) Play my gear a lot harder, a lot, LOT harder.

• Members

I'd really like to get a Fano SP6, they look so badass!

I gonna look around to find a good deal on a used Diezel VH4(or maybe an other model), to replace my Mesa.

Pedal-wise, we'll see what new 2012 may bring us. If I get a Diezel, I might look into a midi switching rig.

2012 may be an expensive year! biggrin.gif

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by oinkbanana

View Post

learn to solder

try out a few types of pickups and learn about guitar things like wood and build

write song songs people wanna listen to instead of just jacking off being creative

not bad.

i did good on the no buying tons of pedals, but i did start going amp crazy instead.... but that's already petering off.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tom92

View Post

Grab me enough money for an ES-335 and then buy one. Didn't happen. Got a sweet tele though

Write a song a week. Didn't happen

Improve my timing. I have got a bit better

Get gigging. nope

Get good at recording/mixing. I'm doing a Music Production course now so I guess that's a start

Learn how to mod/fix my guitars. Not really.

Well that's depressing

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Strat87

View Post

Sell guitars I don't play

Get my paisley strat up and running again (new nut, new tuners, fret level)

Refret my '77 strat?

Emperor 2x12... Maybe

Jazzmaster neck pickup in my tele

Don't buy any more guitars, probably no pedals either

And I've done the exact opposite of all the above

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gnarly

View Post

I might be selling my Les Paul Studio, I really want another Jazzmaster or a Tele Deluxe and just don't get along with the LP any more. Also on deck is a Trinity Tweed 5E3 build, a Whitebox 1x12, and a bunch of pedal builds. I may also buy a Squier Cyclone to mod, still mulling that one over.

Sold the LP Studio, picked up a Fender J Mascis Jazzmaster and sold my Blacktop Jazzmaster. Ended up getting a Tungsten Crema Wheat in a killer trade, so no need for the 5E3, maybe I'll get a Trinity TC15 next year.

• Members

Release the newly recorded album

Tour (preferably Canada + Europe again)

Get a Musicom and integrate MIDI into my set-up

Complete the satellite looping/acoustic board

Get a road-case for the Dr. Z + reverb tank

I'll work on other {censored}...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by delayed delay

View Post

For me...

1.) Learn how to integrate MIDI into my setup more in depth, and in the process, learn how to set up my Timeline, Space, and Pitchfactor to all be controlled by my Peak MIDI controller. Currently, it's just set up to select the presets for the Timeline, but I want to take the time to let it select presets and bypass/activate all 3 pedals either simultaneously, or individually - so if anyone wants to set it up for me, that'd be great, although that'd kinda defeat the purpose of me actually LEARNING... icon_lol.gif

2.) Force myself to save up enough money for my dream guitar - a left-handed Gretsch White Falcon. It shouldn't be a problem as long as I don't buy a bunch of pedals that I'll flip a month later... icon_lol.gif

Lol... 0/2. I don't even have the Space or Pitchfactor anymore.... icon_lol.gif

I did downsize my board significantly, and I'm still planning on the White Falcon at some point though. thumb.gif

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by delayed delay

View Post

For me...

1.) Learn how to integrate MIDI into my setup more in depth, and in the process, learn how to set up my Timeline, Space, and Pitchfactor to all be controlled by my Peak MIDI controller. Currently, it's just set up to select the presets for the Timeline, but I want to take the time to let it select presets and bypass/activate all 3 pedals either simultaneously, or individually - so if anyone wants to set it up for me, that'd be great, although that'd kinda defeat the purpose of me actually LEARNING... icon_lol.gif

2.) Force myself to save up enough money for my dream guitar - a left-handed Gretsch White Falcon. It shouldn't be a problem as long as I don't buy a bunch of pedals that I'll flip a month later... icon_lol.gif

Well I'm 0/2... But I did get ONE of my dream guitars - a Gibson Les Paul Standard. love.gif... And honestly, it's probably more useful to me right now than the Gretsch would be... But ooooohhh one day... She will be mine. wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction

View Post

...new job!

...less internet

...more outside

...more fuzz and dirt pedals just for the collection

...a few pedals i really need for my rig

...new amp for home playing a. recording

...building a few boxes by myself (feedbackloop, A/B-Switch adn Aux Switch for Eventide...)

...stuff for the "studio" stands, cables, new monitors, etc... -we'll see

...getting parts to build a guitar (JM for the br00tz)

...resurrect a few of my old projects - some trip-hop and chillout drum n base.

...finding a small project with other musicans or a band

done: new job, more real life/less internet (sports etc.)

sold lots of gear, didnt "reanimate" one of my old projects, playd for a few bands, but didnt joined any of the bands...

facepalm.gif

Archived