Delay recommendations please

ILikeGuitar

• Members

Gettin my first delay pedal!

I am looking for one around $120 or so and needs to be true bypass. Something not too over the top with a decent delay time (looper would be a nice feature but not necessary). Will be used with clean sound and dirty lead tones. Do you guys recommend analog or digital? I like both the sounds of both digital and analog but it doesn't matter too much. I thought maybe the Carbon Copy would be a good one or one of the Boss delays.

• Members

I have a Hardwire DL8 which would tick the boxes, it's served me well. (Edit: I has a switch for tails on which turns off the true bypass)

If I was buying now I would consider the TC Flashback

Both of the above have (limited) looper functions as does the Akai Headrush.

• Members

I have a Hardwire DL8 which would tick the boxes, it's served me well. (Edit: I has a switch for tails on which turns off the true bypass)

+1 On the Hardwire. Pretty cool sounding little pedal. Does some sound on sound stuff too which is cool. Can probably be found for 100 used easily

• Members

This. I would try the DL8, it has been my main delay for a couple of years. I love it.

• Members

I think the best delay for your needs is the Boss DD-7. it was my first delay ever and sadly i sold it a while ago and miss it, even though ive moved on to bigger and more expensive things.

its got a great analog sim, pristine digital repeats, tap tempo built in, the 40 second looper which is really nice to have, reverse delay and can do ping pong and various subdivision delays.

while its not true bypass the bypass on it is just fine, doesnt suck any tone or anything.

another one that seems fit for you is the TC Flashback delay, while i don't have one personally it looks just as good as the DD-7 and has gotten great reviews too.

i've also got a carbon copy, which is great for a simple analog delay, i really like the sound of it, but as far as value for your money and versatility youre much better off with teh DD-7.

• Members

another one that seems fit for you is the TC Flashback delay, while i don't have one personally it looks just as good as the DD-7 and has gotten great reviews too.

yeah, I have a flashback.
one thing I would say is it has FX level rather then blend. so :idk:
its not bad... though... no weird oscillation, spin the delay time knob whacky {censored}...
I don't think the modes sound to to different from one another.

I preferred the dd-20, honestly...

It would be nice if TC electronics released that tone print making program... :mad:

Archived