Delay recommendations please

ILikeGuitar

• Members

My first delay was a BBE Two Timer. Good, but the clock noise (the little tick sound analog delays make, you'll know if you snag a cheap analog) was too loud.

Then I got the Malekko 616, another analog delay, but with modulation (which sounds goofy as hell to me, so I never use it) and a buffer. It's awesome. Still on my board.

Then I got the EHX Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai. Also love it. Great, feature heavy digital delay.

I know you want a looper, but in a way I'm glad I started with a simpler delay formula and no extra crap. It kinda gives you a better feel for what you want out of delay and how to dial a good sound in. Like when it's too much, do you lower the mix or repeats? Depends. So if I were you, I'd grab a somewhat solid analog delay and go from there. Just a thought.

However, If you're set on features and extreme versatility, I'd go TC Flashback. I have two delays and still want one.

• Members
yeah, I have a flashback.

one thing I would say is it has FX level rather then blend. so
:idk:
its not bad... though...
no weird oscillation, spin the delay time knob whacky {censored}

I don't think the modes sound to to different from one another.

It totally has that. You just have to download it. :)

• Members

Well the true bypass thing isn't a deal breaker I guess, but I play clean a lot with everything off except my HoF reverb so I don't like having my clean tone affected. I only have 3 pedals so far so I'm not a big effects junkie. Anyone on the Boss DD7 vs the Flashback?

• Members
Why must it be true bypass? That slims your choices down quite a lot, and rules out having trails when you turn it off.

Oh, maybe you've not heard of a thing called "tone suck". Let's nip over to TGP and I'll give you the lodown.:wave:

Archived