Please Recommend Me A Dirt Pedal For Rhythm

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

Ok, so the muff sounded pretty ok. Not great, but some tweaking still needs to be done. The bassy distortion definitely blended well, and he liked it. Eventually we'll get a new cab, but I think this'll do for now. I just like the overbearing (meaning theyre a lot less sensitive to pickups and amps as your average overdrive) nature of the muff circuit. I think the tone will be a little more consistent.

Here's something that chaps my ass. The jet city has to be on the dirty channel when the footswitch is plugged in... unless I missed something.

I use a Germ4 now. If you set the two sides correctly, you can do anything. I personally like just the overdrive side at max with bias and tone to taste.

I could see that pedal sounding pretty great through his setup, but I think im gonna hold off on any purchases for now.

• Members

Here's something that chaps my ass. The jet city has to be on the dirty channel when the footswitch is plugged in... unless I missed something.

My Soldano will be on the dirt channel if I don't have the footswitch plugged in. I think they are the same.

• Members

My Soldano will be on the dirt channel if I don't have the footswitch plugged in. I think they are the same.

Yeah, I'm tarded. I meant when it isn't. It just seems like... why? They are both good channels, and you just can't get loud and clean with the OD channel. ONE toggle switch. Problem solved. I suppose it would be a really easy mod. You could drill a hole and install a switch easily, and run it to the footswitch jack thereby avoiding messing with the circuitry... but still. One toggle switch.

• Members

If you want a beefy, Marshall JCM-800 sound, can't go wrong with the Catalinbread SCOD or the M-Audio Crunchbox. I may lean a little more toward the SCOD, but just a little.

I had a Crunchbox and actually ended up replacing it with the SCOD.

The SCOD rules.

• Members

Boom. Dude is in a band and doesn't have how own guitar cab? Wtf is that {censored}? And he's playing your guitar?

He's my best friend and he's poor. He doesn't smoke crack and isn't addicted to gambling, his shop is just really slow right now (he's a screen printer). He's playing my $350 Xaviere that I don't use. Oh, and he's a good asset to the band. We like his voice, his songs (which are really clever, btw) and his playing style is perfect for what we want.

If I had the money, I would just buy him his own full rig.

Archived