Would you adopt/purchase a pitbull?

Ryan.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

subs the quality of your polls has gone downhill.

also you forgot CT:

also, to Hux, go get yer pitbull. they are fantastic dogs and creatures. and no one will {censored} with you or make fun that youre a hair dresser. just dont train him to be a fighting dog and you'll be good :thu:

• Members

This is how I really feel about pit bulls:

They can be the sweetest, greatest, most loyal dogs in the world. But still... they are dogs. They are animals. I have girl friends that are 110 lbs and they own pit bulls. And they take them down to the river to play. Their dogs are well behaved and nice. But all it takes is one little kid or another dog to spook them (and you can swear up and down that your dog can't be spooked or would never attack anything, but that is something that you can't know 100%) and they will be unstoppable. You will not be able to remove their jaws from a kids arm or from around the neck of some other dog. And then it will be all on you. All the liability, no matter how strong of a leash you had, no matter how well behaved it was, the liability of causing injury will be in your lap and you'll pay out the nose.

And I can't sit here and say that that situation is merely for pitbulls, it goes for any dog. But pits are built to be vicious killing machines (you don't train them to be, but they still come with the ammo). If I buy a lab, or a french poodle, I feel more confident that I can control it in a wild situation than I could with a pit. For me its too much risk with too little control. So I wouldn't choose to own such a breed.

Its a gamble, and lots of my friends make the bet on them and its fine. Just not something I'd risk.

• Members

if a pit bull even looked at one of my kids i'd rip its throat out ala' tai chi rambo 4
i swear to God i'd kill it with my barehands and then dismember it and sell it to Panda Express faster than you can say Gibson Firebird X

you just can't predict animals around kids, no matter wtf an AKC registry says. and there is a reason almost every dog attack in the news has the words Pitbull

• Members

My friend has two, and they're pretty well behaved. One of them just runs away sometimes. He got them from a breeder, and I kind of think that makes a little bit of a difference. I've gotten all of my dogs (not pits) from pounds/shelters and they have always had some weird {censored} going on with them, but I still love them.

• Members

i wish there were a cat equivalent of a pitbull, a pittpanther or something. theyre so bitchy and quick to temper itd be interesting to hear their owners defend them despite thered be daily killings by these things. my daisy sleeps in my bed every night and is the sweetes...oh damn it she killed a neighbor again.

Archived