Would you adopt/purchase a pitbull?

Ryan.

• Members

But they're NOT killing machines. They are just a particular breed of dog that have been known to be abused because of their inherent power. They were both loyal and powerful, two huge factors for scumbags who have no respect for living things. Really, though, there are many, many Pitbull's that are loyal because they love stuff, not because they're afraid their master will kick them or stop feeding them bacon if they bite a child.

This has been the whole discussion of the thread. You are spreading harsh generalizations that discourage folks to invest in Pitbulls by learning to live with them happily, and will simply let the scumbags steal them, force them to fight, and be a vicious guard dog for their home that contains a nice stach of weed in the back garden and possibly an illegal firearm.

And besides, I was only bitten twice in my life by a dog, and one was by a Jack Russel, my late Jack Russel/Terrier cross-breed. They are nippy little pups that are also extremely territorial and loyal. My pup used to hate going for walks outside our property because she wasn't there to look after it and protect it. The only difference between a Jack Russel and Pitbull is the Pitbull has more strength.

I was only taking the piss with the killing machine comment... and i was only making the point that i prefer jack russells with bow ties. But on the whole, pitballs are pretty notorious over here in the UK for savage attacks, unfortunately, when you see their owners, you understand why.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was only taking the piss
with the killing machine comment... and i was only making the point that i prefer jack russells with bow ties. But on the whole, pitballs are pretty notorious over here in the UK for savage attacks, unfortunately,
when you see their owners
, you understand why.

but your "taking the piss" is what helps spread the misinformation about these dogs.

and if you know why be seeing then owners, why aren't you blaming the owners instead of the dog?

• Members

never, my girlfriend has a shiba inu that doesn't get along great with other dogs when he gets tired. when i take him i usually only take him for 15-20 minutes because any longer he starts a fight.

with that being said i do like taking him to the park but if there's a pitbull/rottweiler i can't take him off leash because if he does start a fight with them then he's dead. not the other dogs fault but i just can't risk it.

and my girlfriend knew it wasn't the best breed for her before she got it but always defends it although he's usually the one who starts the fight.

it's partially this kind of thinking that i wouldn't want to be held liable if my dog killed another one. wouldn't even be mine or the dog's fault, but sometimes you have to be practical even if it's not your fault.

also, he's great with people but when we bone he starts going nuts and will sometimes try to bite me because he thinks i'm hurting her. the dog may just be trying to protect you but if it was a pitbull and went into rage mode because it thought i was hurting it's owner i wouldn't want to be on the receiving end.

• Members
but your "taking the piss" is what helps spread the misinformation about these dogs.

and if you know why be seeing then owners, why aren't you blaming the owners instead of the dog?

You're dragging me into this debate/arguement over my joking comment?

My use of killing machine was because other people used it and it made me laugh, i know pitballs are not PURE KILLING MAHCINES like some 4 legged version of John Rambo. Maybe I should of put a "lol" at the end?

With regards to my owners comment. I do blame them, but there is also a reason why they get these dogs too, they can be {censored}ing vicious. I've not seen many crack dealing yardies walking around with a jack russell :idk:

• Members
You're dragging me into this debate/arguement over my joking comment?

My use of killing machine was because other people used it and it made me laugh, i know pitballs are not PURE KILLING MAHCINES like some 4 legged version of John Rambo. Maybe I should of put a "lol" at the end?

With regards to my owners comment. I do blame them, but there is also a reason why they get these dogs too, they can be {censored}ing vicious. I've not seen many crack dealing yardies walking around with a jack russell
:idk:

they can be vicious if you train them to be. they can be slobbering kissing machines too if you train them to be. any dog can be vicious. same things with rotties, shepherds, etc.

the reason why pitbulls have become the go-to dog of choice for assholes is because there are SO many of them in the shelters now, its easy to walk in & take one home. that's because people are lazy/ill informed & drop them off without putting any effort into training a powerful & high energy dog.

Archived