The Official Ibanez DE7 Lounge

onyxrhino

• Members

15969-ibanez-de7-delay-echo-large.jpg

I keep buying these and then selling them because I don't end up using them as much as I thought I would. I'm on my third one now and I really want to make it work this time. I know there are people on here who love them. So, can you help me out?

Post here the settings you dig on your DE7 or just what you like using it for (slapback? oscillation? etc?)

• Members

Is the oscillation controllable on these? I saw one for sale and thinking to try it.

Did anyone used it on a feedback loop?

not sure what you mean by "controllable", but the oscillation does change gradually with what you're playing into it (at least at the milder oscillating settings), if that answers your question. I haven't tried it in a feedback loop.

• Members

I've thought about selling it now that I use the M9 for nearly all of my delays, but I sort of like having an extra delay pedal and it sounds really good in echo mode. I use it for both slapback and longer delays. Not so much for the self-oscillation although that can be fun on occasion.

• Members

So I played around with it for awhile during lunch. I'm finding I like using it best with the repeats set on just the edge of oscillation. Also, the oscillation seems to sound better with a clean sound. With alot of distortion it seems hard to find a good balance. Either the oscillation just sort of disappears into the background or it swallows everything up. Anyone with similar/dissimilar experiences?

• Members

So I played around with it for awhile during lunch. I'm finding I like using it best with the repeats set on just the edge of oscillation. Also, the oscillation seems to sound better with a clean sound. With alot of distortion it seems hard to find a good balance. Either the oscillation just sort of disappears into the background or it swallows everything up. Anyone with similar/dissimilar experiences?

this is exactly how i use mine though i haven't had a hard time finding a balance when playing higher gain. it should be noted that though i play rather heavy music i don't use a {censored} ton of gain.

• Members

It seems like this pedal gets bought, sold, bought again etc... the most of any pedal here. I don't get the point, it's so cheap you're not really losing that much by keeping it around just in case.

I have one, and like it but then again I'm not a delay connoisseur by any means.

• Members

I've never sold one. I've had one stolen. I'm gonna buy the next one I see on craigslist. I need two!

Saw one on GC's used gear site for $40 and they usually only charge $5 for shipping. So, about $50 altogether, including tax.

• Members

I'm on my third one too. If I remember correctly, I think I traded my second one to you, onyxrhyno...

Are there 2 versions? The older ones in the darker grey enclosure seemed to sound better.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or was it my imagination?

Also, if the delay mode doesn't work, (and you wanted it to) those little black switches can be fixed pretty easily. They are made pretty crappily though.

Archived