Talk to me about LA

Loobs

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

movie star map tours dont do {censored} for me, shopping doesnt either. its such a materialistic fake place, really there are much cooler places to see

chicago in the summer time is insane

new orleans for jazz fest

glacier national park

the entire state of colorado

• Members

Is Hollywood really that grimy? I'd like to see the grimy side of hollywood.

It's not nearly as seedy as it used to be. It kind of got Disney-fied. You don't really have to worry about getting stabbed anymore.

Places to go: Sunset Strip, Hollywood and Highland area, Melrose, Downtown, Venice Beach, Silver Lake.

It's not really like anything. It's more like a collection of small towns rather than a huge city. Every area is completely different. As mentioned, it's really spread out. Compared to other major cities, it's definitely grimy. When friends from elsewhere visit, they're always surprised at how rough-looking it is.

I don't understand the "materialistic and fake" complaints. It depends where you go. :idk:

• Members

It's not nearly as seedy as it used to be. It kind of got Disney-fied. You don't really have to worry about getting stabbed anymore.

Places to go: Sunset Strip, Hollywood and Highland area, Melrose, Downtown, Venice Beach, Silver Lake.

It's not really like anything. It's more like a collection of small towns rather than a huge city. Every area is completely different. As mentioned, it's really spread out. Compared to other major cities, it's definitely grimy. When friends from elsewhere visit, they're always surprised at how rough-looking it is.

I don't understand the "materialistic and fake" complaints. It depends where you go.
:idk:

It still sounds like a place I'd like to visit, purely out of curiosity. I'm sure there's prettier places.

Echo Park looks really cool too.

• Members

It still sounds like a place I'd like to visit, purely out of curiosity. I'm sure there's prettier places.

Echo Park looks really cool too.

I love it. It's definitely not for everyone.

Echo Park is cool. I kind of lump Echo Park, Silver Lake, and Los Feliz in as the same area. That's my stomping grounds. Eastside 4 lyfe.

• Members

best city in the world other than san fran :thu:

yea you'll definitely want to rent a car. its a cool city though, plenty of touristy {censored} to do, things to see, good places to eat. pretty expensive for everything.

but you can drive out north through malibu and monterey and up to san fran for a couple of days if youre there

• Members

I love it. It's definitely not for everyone.

Echo Park is cool. I kind of lump Echo Park, Silver Lake, and Los Feliz in as the same area. That's my stomping grounds. Eastside 4 lyfe.

That's where the hipsters is it right

• Members

As someone who has gone back and forth from both LA and London the past couple years, I don't think you'll be impressed. LA really doesn't have the same "cool big city" atmosphere that cities like NYC, San Fran, London have. Unless you know someone that's lived there a long time and knows the cool stuff, it's also a hard city to visit and see attractions in an easy manner. Just my opinion of course...I just don't think it's up to par with other awesome US cities. You'd be better off trying an oddball one like Seattle or Portland, those will not disappoint!

• Members

As someone who has gone back and forth from both LA and London the past couple years, I don't think you'll be impressed. LA really doesn't have the same "cool big city" atmosphere that cities like NYC, San Fran, London have. Unless you know someone that's lived there a long time and knows the cool stuff, it's also a hard city to visit and see attractions in an easy manner. Just my opinion of course...I just don't think it's up to par with other awesome US cities. You'd be better off trying an oddball one like Seattle or Portland, those will not disappoint!

Word. Portland is on my list too.

Archived