NAD ampegness

• Members

Ampeg reverberocket 212r. Made in the USA! That's surprised me considering I had a super jet that I thought was from the same line and that was made abroad. I hear they sound nothing like the originals but that's ok with me this thing sounds great as it is. Kinda feels like a pro reverb vibe. Super rich reverb, some of the finest built in reverb that I've heard very deep and spacious. Very loud and quite a bit of headroom but when it's cranked it soars into a very rich overdrive that is not to overly saturated. Has 2 channels the 2nd channel had the master volume vibe going on crank it and it's ok I felt it left a little to be desired but then again I didn't use that channel to terribly much. I prefer hitting channel one with some fuzz and and od. Has and effects loops and I'll experiment throwing some delay in there tomorrow. All in all a good day to one of my favorite music shops. My bass player also got a kick ass fender jazz bass.

6F413A04.jpg

• Members

I've always wanted one of those reissues, they pop up on CL from time to time. I've read that early versions had some issues with tube rattle that they eventually fixed with some tube holders or something. Do you know anything about this, about how they fixed whatever issue they had? I'm wondering how to tell what version is the one to get by just looking at them.

I've always wanted the 1x12. They evidently don't sound like the old Ampeg's, but sound real good with their own thing going on.

• Members

I've always wanted one of those reissues, they pop up on CL from time to time. I've read that early versions had some issues with tube rattle that they eventually fixed with some tube holders or something. Do you know anything about this, about how they fixed whatever issue they had? I'm wondering how to tell what version is the one to get by just looking at them.

I've always wanted the 1x12. They evidently don't sound like the old Ampeg's, but sound real good with their own thing going on.

they have tube rattle. you should get some tube rings if you get them. can be really annoying if you play loud.

other than that, great amp.

• Members

Heavy, but not too heavy. The manual online says it is 55lbs and the 1x12 is 45lbs.

I have the same amp and I often leave it at home and take my bassists 4x10 bassman RI to gigs because it's quite a bit lighter. the r212 is a heavy amp.

• Members

I've been all about the Ampeg reissues lately. It's true they don't sound much like the originals, but I think they sound amazing.

The various rattles and such are a little annoying but if you take some time and track them down, you can quiet the amp and it will kick ass.

• Members

Great amp, I love mine and have never had any tube rattle.

I also used to own the 1x12 version and that thing sounded fantastic - big cabinet and sound for a single 12.

I've never played an original Reverberocket so I can't compare, but I did have a VT-22 and I actually prefer the RI Reverberocket for my needs...warmer sound and actual overdrive at reasonable volumes.

• Members

Yeah it seems mine has a cage with foam on it protecting the power tubes and spring loaded cans on the 12a's so this is probably one of the later "fixed rattle" ones. So far I am absolutely loving it. I don't really have a loud amp with headroom absolutely loving the cleans! Takes pedals like a champ too!:thu:

25D1D63A.jpg

Archived