stereo rotary speaker pedals?

DRGUN

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've had them all. The current Boss pedal is actually pretty good. I have it along side of my KORG G4. The KOR G4 is more chorusy, while the Boss is more phasey. I liked the destination rotation okay, the Rotosphere sounds great, and the Line 6 offering is alright. But if you want something different, try the Digitech expression factory or the Digitech Eric Clapton pedal on "Badge" mode. The Leslie simulation in these pedals (its the same) is VERY authentic- but neither has STEREO ins, only OUTS. The Boss and Korg have stereo ins and outs. The Boss can be found for less than $100 and IMO it's a lot better than people give it credit for.

• Members

Well, here's a "NO" vote for the Digitech. Not even. You're better off with a chorus pedal.

The Boss is infinitely better, and has ramping. No, it's not "transparent". Real Leslies are not transparent, either. Still, the Korg G-4 is the one. If only it wasn't so plasticy fragile.

• Members

I've had them all. The current Boss pedal is actually pretty good. I have it along side of my KORG G4. The KOR G4 is more chorusy, while the Boss is more phasey. I liked the destination rotation okay, the Rotosphere sounds great, and the Line 6 offering is alright. But if you want something different, try the Digitech expression factory or the Digitech Eric Clapton pedal on "Badge" mode. The Leslie simulation in these pedals (its the same) is VERY authentic- but neither has STEREO ins, only OUTS. The Boss and Korg have stereo ins and outs. The Boss can be found for less than $100 and IMO it's a lot better than people give it credit for.

I picked up the Expression Factory a couple of months back, store wanted to get rid of it (old stock). I've been looking for a Leslie sim for a while, and I'm quite pleased.

• Members

Kinda OT but;

I sometimes think about getting a small rotating horn (like that cheesewheel thing robo had) and feeding it the highs from a crossover, with the lows going through a trem circuit and through my amp. As I understand it, the lower freqs coming from a drum in a leslie have more of a trem type effect anyway.

Like a compromise between a sim and the real thing. A proper spinning speaker without the size of a real leslie.

• Members

but in all honesty, you should save your $$$ for a Neo Ventilator Rotary Sim.

Damn those sound good.

Yeah - I'd kill for one of those. $500 for an effect I use fairly sparingly? Yeah not likely.

I vote Arion SCH-1 - it's what I use and it sounds fricking phenomenal. The SCH-Z isn't bad either - a little brighter. Both have the lopsided 'chug' needed to fake a good Leslie sound.

GregV's SCH-Z in action:

http://www.gregvmusic.com/Bend%20The%20Dusty%20Road.mp3

That sounds pretty damn good to me for a $15 pedal.

• Members

Tech 21 Roto Choir has some merit.

I have a Neo Ventilator and I think it is overkill.

The clips I've heard of the RC make it sound like a Phaser.

If Neo could figure out a way to sell the Vent for $300-$350 or so, I bet they'd own the Leslie sim market. They price themselves out of the competition in the guitar effects world IMO. I guess the Hammond guys don't buy many effects so $500 for their meat and potatoes sound probably doesn't seem too steep to them.

Sounds incredible though. Would really love to have one if I was a One Percenter. lol

Archived