stereo rotary speaker pedals?

DRGUN

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No seriously. Are there better clips out there? I haven't bothered to look past the few I'd heard when it first came out.

I'm not in your head, so I can't quantify what exceeds the overlap between phaser and rotary sim to you, but there is a clear difference between it and my whetstone; i.e., it's about 90% more similar sounding to the rotating speaker than any phaser ive heard.

• Members

In the clips I've heard, it sounded like it was just a simple filter - very even in it's modulation; too precise with no 'swirl' to it.

IMO for a good Leslie sim to be believable, it has to have movement to it. The whole uneven Doppler thing. It didn't appear to possess that quality in the clips I heard.

• Members

In the clips I've heard, it sounded like it was just a simple filter - very even in it's modulation; too precise with no 'swirl' to it.

IMO for a good Leslie sim to be believable, it has to have movement to it. The whole uneven Doppler thing. It didn't appear to possess that quality in the clips I heard.

I don't hear any more "movement" in the neo than the RTC. If you want "real" Doppler you can only get it with the real thing. Otherwise, you're splitting hairs.

• Members

Do they get swirly, and pan side to side?

I would probably do a rehouse, how easy or hard would that be?

They don't pan, but yes IMO there proper 'swirl' is there - as close as you'll get using a chorus pedal anyway.

Rehousing is not needed - the housings are ABS plastic, same stuff they make drain pipe from.

• Members

i have the boss one and like it. most people hate the od on it, but i find it interesting and use it some times by itself. the effect and direct knobs also help to tame it. the only thing i wish it had was an on/off switch. when i am done playing i have to turn off my whole pedalboard.

• Members

I gotta say I hear a real diff between the two. Leslies are complex beasts, and I've had my head in a few....we even hooked them up to pipe organs back when I worked at Rodgers Organ (the best 10 months I ever had working, btw).

The combination of phase, trem and subtle distortion (which I can clearly hear vary with the "position" of the lower rotor) is much more accurate in the Velociraptor, er, Varigator, uh Vaginizor....oh hell, whateverthehelltheynamed it.

• Members

I gotta say I hear a real diff between the two. Leslies are complex beasts, and I've had my head in a few....we even hooked them up to pipe organs back when I worked at Rodgers Organ (
the best 10 months I ever had working
, btw).

What happened that you stopped?

• Members

As mentioned earlier the Digitech EX 7 is a nice one. I usually use the built in Leslie sim in my Korg CX3, but that's not stereo so for recording I use the expression factory. It's not quite a real Leslie, but sounds really good. I've tried the Boss one top, but apart from the break I wouldn't say it was much better.

• Members

I vote Arion SCH-1 - it's what I use and it sounds fricking phenomenal.

this

They are not so cheap though.. I've paid ~$120 for my grey version but it is worth every dime. Love that pedal in both leslie or slow chorus mode.

• Members

this

They are not so cheap though.. I've paid ~$120 for my grey version but it is worth every dime. Love that pedal in both leslie or slow chorus mode.

I picked one up for $35 with the box at an antique co-op last year. They also seem pretty plentiful on eBay with the average price around $80

Archived