stereo rotary speaker pedals?

DRGUN

• Members

this

They are not so cheap though.. I've paid ~$120 for my grey version but it is worth every dime. Love that pedal in both leslie or slow chorus mode.

$120 *is* cheap compared to a few years ago when they were going for $350-$400...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I picked one up for $35 with the box at an antique co-op last year. They also seem pretty plentiful on eBay with the average price around $80

Yeah, add ~$20-30 for intl. shipping and the fact that the grey ones are a bit more higher priced and there you go.

@erksin:true.I'm glad they aren't any more.

• Members

I was able to compare a gray box, my black box, and a -Z and honestly the differences were pretty minor except for the -Z being brighter at the same Tone settings.

I've got a gray box SFL-1 and that is a great pedal as well ($15!), and have owned a few SAD-1s that I'd love to have back.

• Members

I was able to compare a gray box, my black box, and a -Z and honestly the differences were pretty minor except for the -Z being brighter at the same Tone settings.

Well, my experience with SCH-1 vs SCH-Z is different. I have both and in direct comparison SCH-Z have slight volume boost, a bit different chorus sound ( sound more flanger like) and way different tone control. It have much more low end then SCH-1 which can't be really dialed out.. you can increase treble though.

Different pedals but I love 'em both.

I also heard good things about SAD-1.. I'd have to try it once.

• Members

I am so glad this thread did not come up a few weeks ago when I was convinced I needed drop a benjamin or two on a Leslie simulator before I realized I really just wanted univibe sound haha

Yeah I'm pretty sure I want a stereo univibe now, or whatever will whoosh from side to side between two amps on stage.

Has anyone tried the Dunlop Uv1sc?

• Members

I think a lot of folks here are missing the point on what a rotary effects box is supposed to be able to do. If is doesn't ramp up and down, it's not a true rotary effect. Just being able to go fast or slow won't cut it. The Arion and the Hardwire will not ramp. If I'm looking for a rotary effect, I want to speed up and slow down like a real Leslie. Think Ringo's "It Don't Come Easy" the end of Frampton's "Do You feel Like We Do", or Andy Timmons' "Redemption". The ability to ramp is a huge part of the sound...That's why I never understood the Hardwire. It's just a chorus.

• Members

I think a lot of folks here are missing the point on what a rotary effects box is supposed to be able to do. If is doesn't ramp up and down, it's not a true rotary effect. Just being able to go fast or slow won't cut it. The Arion and the Hardwire
will not ramp
. If I'm looking for a rotary effect, I want to speed up and slow down like a real Leslie. Think Ringo's "It Don't Come Easy" the end of Frampton's "Do You feel Like We Do", or Andy Timmons' "Redemption". The ability to ramp is a huge part of the sound...That's why I never understood the Hardwire. It's just a chorus.

Ramping would certainly be ideal, but he was wanting one on the cheap. Name me a rotary effect that ramps for under $150.

• Members

Ramping would certainly be ideal, but he was wanting one on the cheap. Name me a rotary effect that ramps for under $150.

Ramping is definitely a great feature, but it's not essential for me. I think Im looking for a stereo univibe effect, something that will simply go whoooooossssshhhhhhh between two amps. I guess I asked the wrong question or worded it wrong originally.

I don't really like the digitech, as I don't need the trem (my semaphore has that covered). The arions are more of a chorus, and won't do exactly what I'm looking for it seems.

The expression factory is interesting, but it's not going to fit on my current board, and Im looking for a set and forget type pedal and the expression pedal isn't necessary. I haven't outright eliminated it, but worst case Ontario I try it out at l&m or something.

The lex/tech 21 pedals are {censored}ing awesome, but out of my price range by at least double.

I know I've asked a few times, but does anyone have any experience with the Dunlop uv1sc? It does stereo swirlyness, is smallish and I think I can find one cheapish if I scour tgp/hcfx/eBay. But there arent many reviews online and I haven't heard much about it on here.

Thanks for all the replies gents.

• Members

this

They are not so cheap though.. I've paid ~$120 for my grey version but it is worth every dime. Love that pedal in both leslie or slow chorus mode.

They sound NOTHING like a Leslie or a true "rotary" effect. They sound like a {censored}ing chorus pedal. And, YES, I've had one. It's a cool sound, but...no.

• Members

I think a lot of folks here are missing the point on what a rotary effects box is supposed to be able to do. If is doesn't ramp up and down, it's not a true rotary effect. Just being able to go fast or slow won't cut it. The Arion and the Hardwire
will not ramp
. If I'm looking for a rotary effect, I want to speed up and slow down like a real Leslie. Think Ringo's "It Don't Come Easy" the end of Frampton's "Do You feel Like We Do", or Andy Timmons' "Redemption". The ability to ramp is a huge part of the sound...That's why I never understood the Hardwire. It's just a chorus.

Actually, my SCH-1 is capable of ramping.. It is manual and that's the way I like it :D

pedalboard14.jpg

• Members

Unsurprisingly no-one has mentioned the Marshall Regenerator yet. It doesn't say it has a leslie sim but the "chorus 2" setting does a damn good job of it. In fact I thought it was much better than my Arion SCH-1 that has been mentioned. I thought the uni-vibe setting is not bad either. It's stereo, has expression pedal input for altering speed and is usually dirt cheap second hand.

I actually ended up selling my Arion SCH-1 as I really preferred this...

• Members
Kinda OT but;

I sometimes think about getting a small rotating horn (like that cheesewheel thing robo had) and feeding it the highs from a crossover, with the lows going through a trem circuit and through my amp. As I understand it, the lower freqs coming from a drum in a leslie have more of a trem type effect anyway.

Like a compromise between a sim and the real thing. A proper spinning speaker without the size of a real leslie.

Pro3X-xlarge.jpg
http://www.motion-sound.com/product?name=pro-3x

• Members

Unsurprisingly no-one has mentioned the Marshall Regenerator yet. It doesn't say it has a leslie sim but the "chorus 2" setting does a damn good job of it. In fact I thought it was much better than my Arion SCH-1 that has been mentioned. I thought the uni-vibe setting is not bad either. It's stereo, has expression pedal input for altering speed and is usually dirt cheap second hand.

I actually ended up selling my Arion SCH-1 as I really preferred this...

Interesting! How's the bypass on those Marshall pedals?

• Members

Interesting! How's the bypass on those Marshall pedals?

I might not have the ears of a TGP obsessed bat but I've not really noticed a problem.

It's an odd pedal really as I feel like I shouldn't like it but I do. Some of the other models chorus 1, flanger, phaser are functional but pretty uninspiring but the uni-vibe and "chorus 2" stop me off-loading it. I got mine for

• Members

I can't believe that the old DanO Rocky Road hasn't been mentioned. I bought one new in a blister pack for like $20.00. It sounds good, and it does ramp up and down.

Two problems: 1. It really isn't usable onstage as the switches are too small. 2. The ramp up and down is too slow.

The sound is unbelievable, though, when it's running slow or fast.

• Members

I can't believe that the old DanO Rocky Road hasn't been mentioned. I bought one new in a blister pack for like $20.00. It sounds good, and it does ramp up and down.

Two problems: 1. It really isn't usable onstage as the switches are too small. 2. The ramp up and down is too slow.

The sound is unbelievable, though, when it's running slow or fast.

Three problems:

3. It isnt stereo, which is what buddy is looking for.

:(

Archived