I tried to cut the tip of my thumb off today.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:cry:

Hope it all ends well!

I had a fan blade slice into my finger once... but it was just the right angle to not sever anything (tendon, nerve or artery) and just lop a nice flap off the knuckle. Lucky as hell.

• Members

Yes, it's actually been a little over 30 years since that happened - I was in my late teens at the time. Freaked me right out. We had a truck with a lift and a roll up door that we used to deliver pianos with at the music store I worked in at the time, and without paying attention to what I was doing, I reached up (with my left hand), grabbed the door and pulled down - with my fingertips getting pinched between two of the slats as the door came down and closed. Bled quite a bit. I ran straight into the store (dripping blood the whole way) and they took me to the doctor. I have to admit, I was pretty scared -
it was two of the main fingers on my fretting hand
- but the doctor fixed it up great.

Many years ago I caught the tip of my ring finger in the blades of a hedge trimmer. It wasn't too bad, it just snipped a triangular flap of skin, but it was less than a week before a gig :rolleyes:

It had just healed up enough to play in time but it still hurt, and I still have a little triangular scar on my finger.

Hope your frankenfinger heals up, TGf :wave:

• Members

a friend of mine did the exact same thing. he put the tip in a little container and is keeping it in the freezer. oddly enough, it grew back...he can't feel it, but the skin recovered.

on a side note, my brother in law just about tore his pinky finger off hitching up a boat. he ended up with a few hundred stitches and a pinky that doesn't move. its going to take about 10 surgeries to get it working, maybe.

• Members
tell us about the other ones.

i was raised with the understanding that any job worth doing was worth doing right. so after the first failed attempt the foreskin was sewn back on, allowed to heal, then i went at it again.

5th time was the charm for me, and damn if it doesn't look good. when i asked my urologist, even he couldn't tell it was a diy job :thu:

• Members

Don't feel bad... this is what happened to a guy that held a S&W 460 the wrong way when shooting.

Edited by Phil. Warning: May not be safe for work. Not for the squeamish.

Thumb6.jpg

Never put your fingers anywhere near the front of the cylinder like this fool...

sandw1.jpg

Archived